These delicious vegan ham broccoli and cheese rolls are a fun way to enjoy a classic food combo! Easy to make and perfect for on the go.
These vegan ham broccoli and cheese rolls, combine a classic non-vegan food combination into a savory roll idea that’s completely made vegan.
We all know that cinnamon rolls are life. And while they would be good any time of the day, they are traditionally saved for breakfast or brunch. However, these vegan rolls are the perfect savory spin on the same concept making them the perfect option for lunch or dinner.
They truly are.
They take the best parts of the soft dough and add in all your favorite savory toppings to create layers and layers of yumminess.
It’s also a great option for a meal on the go if needed.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN HAM BROCCOLI AND CHEESE ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your vegan rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days. Just reheat when ready to eat.
ARE THESE VEGAN HAM BROCCOLI AND CHEESE ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
There’s a few ingredients in here that we need to look at.
First is the dough that contains wheat. We have not tried this particular mixture, but you could make the filling part and spread it on the inside of our gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls dough.
We have not seen vegan ham that is wheat free, but you can omit that and just have vegan broccoli and cheese rolls or you can add in additional toppings.
For vegan butter, use a soy free option like Earth Balance soy free.
For the vegan cream cheese, you can look for one that is safe depending on your allergens or you can make our homemade vegan soy free nut free cream cheese.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe vegan cheese, you can easily make these. See our vegan shredded cheese taste test.
Do I have to use ham inside the rolls?
If you prefer not to use vegan processed meats or you can’t find any, you can swap it for something else or omit entirely.
What brand of vegan ham are you using?
You can use any vegan ham brand slices that you find. In the photo we are using Tofurky brand; however, we have also used Yves brand.
What brand of vegan cheese are you using?
In the photo we are using Daiya cutting board blend. See our vegan shredded cheese taste test for other vegan cheese recommendations.
What brand of vegan cream cheese are you using?
We are using Wayfare. Our other recommendation would be Trader Joe’s brand.
COULD I MAKE OTHER THINGS WITH THE DOUGH BESIDES PIZZA ROLLS?
Yes! This recipe using our vegan everything dough that can be used for cinnamon rolls, pull apart bread and more! Grab our vegan everything dough recipe by clicking that link and you’ll get a ton more ideas!
What other vegan savory roll ideas could I try to make?
If you love this concept of savory rolls instead of sweet, here’s a few more ideas for you:
- Vegan Pizza Rolls
- Vegan Sausage Gravy Rolls
- Vegan Pesto Rolls
- Tuscan Mushroom Rolls
- Vegan Italian Cheesy Bread Rolls
- Vegan Sausage Egg and Cheese Rolls
Pin these Vegan Ham Broccoli and Cheese Rolls:
Vegan Ham Broccoli and Cheese Rolls
For the Filling
- ½ cup vegan butter, divided, softened
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup vegan Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2.75 oz vegan ham slices, chopped into pieces
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup vegan Parmesan (we like Violife)
For the Rolls
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 ½ cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Then, add in the water.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl. *If you are oil free, then just make sure sides of bowl are floured, or use a silicone bowl to easily get it out
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 18×12″ rectangle.
- Beat together ¼ cup softened butter and the cream cheese. Fold in 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese. Spread across the dough.
- Sprinkle the vegan ham across the dough, then the broccoli, then the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully roll into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces. *It's okay if some of the sauce comes out, but try to tuck and roll as you go along.
- Place into a greased baking dish and cover. Let rise for an additional 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Right before going into the oven, brush the tops with the remaining vegan butter.
- Once heated, place dish inside and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes or until dough is cooked inside.
- Remove rolls from oven when done. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container.