This easy vegan broccoli and cheese soup is loaded with flavor and vegetables. You won’t believe it’s vegan!
Vegan broccoli and cheese soup is one of the most requested soups that you all have asked for and today’s we’ve delivering one of the best soups we’ve ever created.
This soup is so flavorful, so delicious, and absolutely one of the easiest recipes that you can make.
It all comes together in less than 45 minutes and is a sure winner.
It can be allergen friendly, oil free, freezable, and prepped ahead, all without sacrificing any flavors whatever.
Make sure to check out the video to see how it’s made!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I MAKE THIS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FRIENDLY VEGAN BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOUP?
It’s already dairy, egg, and gluten free.
We recommend oat milk already in the instructions.
Make sure that you pick a shredded dairy free cheese that is safe for your allergies.
Otherwise, you just need to use a soy free vegan butter, like Earth Balance soy free in the red tub.
Can I prep this recipe ahead of time?
This recipe can be made as instructed and then let cool completely. After that you have two options
Store in an air tighter container in the fridge for up to a week.
Or you can put into freezer safe containers or bags and store up to 3 months.
Can I make this recipe oil free?
We do use vegan butter in this recipe that adds richness to the dish; however, if you are oil free you can swap that and replace it with more vegetable stock.
Do I have to use the stems in this recipe?
We know that many people don’t like to eat stems; however, we want this recipe to be zero waste and because of that we add the stems in early so that they soften enough that you don’t even notice. We highly recommend keeping them in.
What other vegan soup ideas could I make?
Vegan soup is comforting, warming, and filling and there are so many options.
Above is our vegan taco soup, but there’s also:
- vegan butternut squash soup
- vegan lentil soup
- vegan loaded potato soup
- and more!
Get all our vegan soup recipes too! Click the link to view them all.
Pin this vegan broccoli and cheese soup for later:
Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (can sub for all purpose flour)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 1/2 cups dairy free milk (we love oat)
- 3/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 3/4 tsp pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/16 tsp nutmeg
- 2 heads broccoli (stems and florets), cut into 1 inch pieces (about 8 cups florets and 2 cups stems)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1 cup vegan cheddar
- 1/2 cup vegan pepperjack (adds spice, omit and use same amount of other cheese to replace if desired)
- vegan bread bowls, optional
- Chop the onions, garlic, broccoli, and carrots. Set aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven with a lid, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and broccoli stems and cook until the onions have softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Whisk in the chickpea flour and stir until combined.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and dairy free milk, stir to combine.
- Add in the seasoning – salt, pepper, smoke paprika, mustard powder, dried thyme, cayenne, and nutmeg. Stir together until all the seasoning are mixed in well. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add in the broccoli and carrots. Stir well and then push down the broccoli into the liquid.
- Cover the pot and let simmer for another 20 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Mix in cheeses and stir until just combined. Taste test and add in extra salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- If you desire the soup to be thinner, add more dairy free milk. If you desire the soup to be thicker, add 3-4 cups of the soup to a blender and blend. Then return and stir together.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Optional: Serve in bread bowls and garnish with roasted broccoli, more vegan cheese, and even vegan bacon bites or crispy vegan bacon pieces.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!