This Whipped Cream Cheese Vegan Stuffed French Toast with Peaches and Blueberries is quite possibly one of the best vegan breakfast ideas (or brunch).
If you are looking for an epic vegan breakfast or brunch idea to impress, then this is it! This Whipped Cream Cheese Vegan Stuffed French Toast with Peaches and Blueberries is not only a stunning show piece, but the taste is out of this world.
We’ll not only go over how to make the absolute best stuffed vegan french toast, but we’ll also give you tips to make a little faster version as well if needed. Either way you will love how amazing this recipe is!
Recipes like this are often served for special occasions like holidays or even back to school breakfast morning; however, we say that it’s good no matter what and you should treat yourself!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
PEACH BLUEBERRY STUFFED VEGAN FRENCH TOAST INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this stuffed vegan french toast.
There are two parts to this recipe, the actual french toast and then the whipped cream cheese filling.
For the french toast, you’ll need:
- Bread – We would highly suggest making our vegan brioche or vegan challah recipe ahead of time before making this recipe; however, you could use a store bought bread as well. The brioche and challah are insanely soft breads which just elevate this recipe into another universe.
- Silken Tofu – since this is a vegan recipe without eggs, we need something that mimics that texture and silken tofu does it beautifully
- Dairy Free Milk – you can use your favorite variety. We would suggest using an unsweetened variety.
- Ground Flaxseed – this is helping act as our binder to replace the egg in addition to the silken tofu. It also gives a very subtle nutty taste which pairs so well with the peaches and blueberries
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Vanilla – our “seasoning” and aromatics of the recipe that are needed for every great french toast recipe
- Peaches and Blueberries – These two fruits together are one of the best fruit flavor combinations ever!
For the Whipped Cream Cheese you’ll need:
- vegan cream cheese – use a brand that you love. Our personal favorite is Wayfare. If you don’t have a favorite yet, you can check out our vegan cream cheese taste test.
- powdered sugar – when combined with the cream cheese we get a whipped cream cheese frosting that is so so good inside of this recipe
- vanilla – for flavor
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
For the french toast, you’ll need:
- Bread – While we highly recommend either the brioche or challah, you could also try our easy vegan bread recipe. Additionally, you can use a store brand vegan bread as long as it’s soft (seeded breads won’t work here). Lastly you could make this with out vegan chocolate babka or vegan cinnamon babka recipes.
- Silken Tofu – If you want to omit the soy, you can follow our recipe for banana french toast batter.
- Vanilla – switch it up for subtle flavor difference and replace or do half and half of other extracts like almond, lemon or orange
- Peaches and Blueberries – Try swapping the peaches for other stone fruit like plums or cherries and the blueberries with raspberries, strawberries or blackberries
For the Whipped Cream Cheese:
While we wouldn’t deviate from the cream cheese recipe, you could stuff this with another vegan frosting recipe that we already have on the site.
You may want to make the frosting a little thinner for stuffing purposes.
How do I make the best Vegan Stuffed French Toast?
Here a few tips for making the absolute BEST vegan stuffed french toast!
- Definitely make the recipe for our vegan brioche or vegan challah recipe – these two breads are unparalleled when it comes to making an amazing french toast recipe
- Use a vegan cream cheese brand that you love. The cream cheese is the base of the recipe and if you use one that doesn’t taste good (to you), then the whole dish will taste off. It’s not something that you want to happen, especially if you are making bread from scratch or trying to impress someone with this recipe
- If you do make the brioche or challah, don’t let it stale first; however, if you are using any other bread, do make sure to leave it out over night so that it can get a little stale first. This helps the bread soak up more of the mixture.
- Follow the directions. I mean we shouldn’t have to say this one, but it’s true. If you want the best recipe for vegan french toast, you’ll want to not make any changes!
How do I make this Vegan Stuffed French Toast faster?
The biggest tip that we can give for making this stuffed vegan french toast faster is to make the bread ahead of time. You can also make the filling ahead of time and store it until ready to use. The bread itself can even be frozen and then thawed. Once the bread is made, the rest goes so much faster!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The biggest allergens are the wheat in the bread and the tofu. For the tofu, you can easily just follow our banana french toast batter and have an equally amazing recipe! For the wheat, we would suggest finding a softer gluten free bread and trying it with that, but we can’t say that it would work out well.
We get it, sometimes there’s just not enough time to make a dough from scratch. If you are using a soft store bought bread, let it sit out overnight to get stale. Then make each slice individually. After that, when ready to serve, layer some of the whipped vegan cream cheese filling on one slice, then top it with another slice. You can crimp the edges together if desired, but not necessary.
YES! You have 2 options. Make the entire recipe, let cool completely, then store in an air tight container for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until heated throughout.
The second option is to make the french toast and then store as discussed previously and wait to stuff it until ready to eat. We’d recommend the second option.
What other vegan breakfast ideas could I make?
If you love absolutely delicious vegan breakfast or brunch ideas, here’s a few more:
- Raspberry Vegan Crescent Roll French Toast Casserole
- Vegan Chick-fila Copycat Chicken Biscuit
- Vegan Breakfast Pizza
- Vegan Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Vegan Apple Pie French Toast Casserole
Pin this Whipped Cream Cheese Vegan Stuffed French Toast with Peaches and Blueberries for later!
Whipped Cream Cheese Vegan Stuffed French Toast with Peaches and Blueberries
For the Whipped Vegan Cream Cheese
- *If making, prep loaf of bread before proceeding
- In a blender, add the tofu, dairy free milk, flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Blend until well combined. Pour into a flat bottomed dish.
- Carefully take a knife and cut a slit in the middle of each slice of bread.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegan butter into a skillet over medium low.
- Place slices of bread in mixture and gently press down. Flip and repeat. Remove from mixture and place on heated skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook on other side for 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all slices have been cooked.
- While cooking, into a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and beat again just until combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into a pipping bag and pipe into french toast where you cut the slit earlier. **
- Serve warm with fresh peaches and blueberries, maple syrup and other desired toppings.
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!