This delicious vegan breakfast pizza combines our delicious everything dough recipe with vegan scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and cheese sauce for the ultimate vegan brunch pizza idea.
We loveeeeeeeee breakfast and this vegan breakfast pizza is one of the best ideas we’ve had.
It combines all our breakfast favorites, wrapped up in one delicious handheld delectable.
I mean what’s not to love!
First, there’s pizza dough. Yum!
Then, we combine vegan scrambled eggs, vegan breakfast sausage, vegan bacon pieces, and the most delicious pourable vegan cheese sauce as the base.
We are providing two completely different ways to make it. One is easier and much faster. The other takes a little bit more time but it totally amazing in it’s own right.
No matter which way you choose, or maybe a combination of the two, we think you are going to totally fall in love with this idea.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I prep this vegan breakfast pizza ahead of time?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your pizza in an air tight container in the fridge for 3 days. Just warm up when ready to eat.
IS THIS VEGAN PIZZA TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
Okay, so this is a bit tricky, but let’s try to work through this.
Starting with the dough – We use gluten in our dough. But with our 2 ingredient pizza dough recipe we have had people successfully use spelt flour for a GF crust. We have tested this recipe with King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure flour and it worked. That recipe does have coconut cream but it could be replaced with a top 8 safe vegan yogurt if needed.
Moving onto the cheese sauce – use a soy free vegan butter – we like Earth Balance soy free (it’s in a red tub). Replace the flour with a GF flour (we like chickpea flour here), oat milk, and a safe for your vegan cheese.
Next is the vegan eggs – both options we’re sharing – the Just Egg method and a tofu scramble, both contain soy. If you are soy free, we recommend looking up a chickpea scramble (we don’t have a written recipe for that yet).
Finally the vegan sausage – the two ways we are recommending to make use with walnuts or wheat/soy. However, you could use a different sausage that is soy and gluten free like Beyond breakfast sausage and just chop it small.
So while it’s a bit different than what we are sharing, it is possible with these ideas.
Is there an easier way to make this recipe?
Listen, we understand completely that sometimes we just don’t have 2-3 hours to spend making a pizza, even if most of that time is rising time.
Luckily, we have a solution for you!
Both of those recipes contain no yeast which means there’s no rise time needed, but you still get a delicious pizza crust.
Next – instead of making a tofu scramble and having to wait for it to press out and all of that, you can just make a scramble like Just Egg that’s ready in under 10 minutes.
Lastly, instead of making vegan walnut breakfast sausage crumbles, you can you a prepackaged vegan breakfast sausage -we like Lightlife brand but you can use Beyond too or something similar and again have it ready to assemble within 10 minutes.
Making these few swaps will give you an equally delicious pizza, just in much less time.
Pin this vegan breakfast pizza for later:
Vegan Breakfast Pizza
For the Vegan Egg Scramble
- 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup oat milk (we prefer this for taste, but you could you another unsweetened plant based milk)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp oil (or use more vegan butter)
For the Dough
For the Walnut Crumbles
- 3 cups walnuts
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (can swap with coconut sugar)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (sub for soy sauce or no soy soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
For The Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan bacon bits (most artificial bacon bits are vegan friendly or you can use any chopped vegan bacon)
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Drain tofu well. This usually takes about an hour, can do overnight so ready in the morning.To drain tofu: Use a tofu press or wrap the tofu block in a kitchen towel, place on a place and then rest a heavy bottom pot or cast iron skillet on top to remove excess water.
- Place walnuts in a bowl and pour boiling water over top. Let sit until tofu is done draining.
For the Dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, cane sugar and salt.
- Add in the water and olive oil. Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined.
- Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball. Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl. *If you are oil free, then just make sure sides of bowl are floured, or use a silicone bowl to easily get it out
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
For the Tofu Scramble
- Once draining process has been completed, in a bowl or on a plate, mash tofu with a fork to crumble.
- Dice onion and bell pepper.
- To another bowl, add oat milk, melted butter, and all the seasonings (all the remaining ingredients except the oil). Set aside.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add onions and peppers and cook 3-5 minutes, or until softened, stirring often.
- Add in the crumbled tofu and stir around.
- Pour in the seasoned oat milk mixture and mix well until all the tofu has been coated.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or util the mixture has been soaked up well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Walnut Crumble
- After it has set in boiling water for at least 30 minutes, add the brown sugar and seasonings to a bowl and stir to blend together and set aside.
- Drain walnuts. Put them into a food processor and pulse until you have meat like crumbles. *Be careful not to over process or you will end up with walnut butter.
- Into a skillet, add olive oil and let heat over medium heat.
- Add in walnut crumbles. Stir together.
- Sprinkle seasoning across the crumbles and stir.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock, coconut aminos and tapioca starch. Let cook for another 7-10 minutes softened and browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Vegan Cheese Sauce
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the vegan butter. Let melt.
- Whisk in the flour until well combined.
- Carefully pour in dairy free milk whisk until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and add vegan cheddar shreds. Whisk until shreds are melted. Set aside
For the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F
- Roll our dough into a large circle. *This dough can make 2 thin crusts or 1 thicker crust. If making 2 thinner crusts, then you will need to double the amount of sauce or use the second crust for a different type of pizza.
- When ready, leaving about a half inch all around for a crust, add a thin layer of the cheese sauce to the inside.
- Sprinkle the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Evenly spread out the vegan egg and vegan sausage.*You DO NOT have to use all the ingredients on the pizza. Save it for another meal or a second pizza.
- Top evenly with remaining toppings.
- Cook for 7-12 minutes depending on crust thickness or until golden brown crust.*Carefully watch because it cooks quickly at this temperature.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!