Our softest, fluffiest dough with a delicious fresh strawberry filling, makes these vegan strawberry cinnamon rolls perfect for your next meal!
Fresh strawberries make some of the best sweet and tasty treats ever and these vegan strawberry cinnamon rolls are no exception. Most especially if you get fresh from the garden strawberries.
This recipe uses our yeasted dough process to create the fluffiest, softest, more delicious cinnamon rolls.
While these are amazing with fresh strawberries in season, the beautiful, bright, color without the use of dyes, are perfect for Christmas or Valentine’s Day as well since the color really pops!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE VEGAN STRAWBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS?
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this vegan strawberry cinnamon roll recipe :
- bread flour – the star of the show! we really recommend using bread flour for this recipe for the softness and best bread
- vegan sugar – Cane sugar is what we are using. If you want to learn more about why your sugar may not be vegan, you can learn more by clicking on the link.
- yeast -we are using instant yeast so that the recipe goes as fast as possible
- salt – do not omit here, the salt helps to tighten the gluten strains, but also really brings the flavor out
- non-dairy milk – any non-dairy milk will work for this recipe, choose your favorite
- vegan butter – vegan butter helps with moisture, texture, and richness
- cinnamon – a classic in cinnamon rolls for obvious reasons, but even with the sweet strawberries, this warming spice really balances things out
- strawberries – naturally we need strawberries for this recipe. Fresh strawberries will work best.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- bread flour – all-purpose flour could also be used. We do not have a gluten-free recommendation at this time
- yeast – you can use active dry yeast but it will take longer to rise
- sugar – granulated coconut sugar or date sugar could be used
- strawberries – other berries like raspberries, blueberries, or a mix of berries could also be used.
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN STRAWBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN STRAWBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
Unfortunately we don’t have a recommendation at this time to make this flavor gluten free.
If you are looking for a gluten free version, you can get our vegan gluten free cinnamon rolls recipe.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe dairy free milk, (Oat is our favorite) and a soy free butter (try Earth Balance soy free in the red tub) then you will be all set.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FLAVORS OF CINNAMON ROLLS?
You sure can! We have dozens of flavors of cinnamon rolls now. We even have savory roll versions if you like things not so sweet.
Or, if you want, to see all our vegan cinnamon roll ideas.
Pin these vegan strawberry cinnamon rolls for later:
Vegan Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough
For the Filling
- 2 cups powdered sugar (230g)
- 4-5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
For the dough
- In a large stand mixer bowl, whisk together 5 cups of bread flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Then, add in the vegan butter and dairy free milk. Turn stand mixer onto low and let go for 5-7 minutes, adding in the remaining flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
For the filling
- In a small saucepan, over medium low heat, add strawberries and stir constantly for 4 minutes until the strawberries begin to release juices. Add the granulated sugar and cornstarch and continue to stir for another 2 minutes. The mixture will thicken. Remove from the heat, stir in the cinnamon, and then pour into a heatproof bowl or container, and chill until ready to use. You do not want a warm filling as you spread it onto the dough.
- Once dough has doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick. Spread the cooled filling mixture evenly across dough.
- Carefully roll into a log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Place into a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover. Cover and let rise again for 45-60 minutes or until touching.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish back inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Glaze
- While rolls are cooking, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until well combined.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then top with homemade glaze. Best served warm.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!