Vegan Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls literally combine two amazing creations into one to create one epic vegan breakfast idea! With nutmeg frosting on top!
Everyone loves banana bread and everyone loves cinnamon rolls. That’s why when you create vegan banana bread cinnamon rolls that you know you have created something everyone will love.
Seriously, what’s not to love about the epic-ness of these two things being together.
We have created so many cinnamon rolls, so we kind of feel like we are experts in what works here and let us tell you first hand that these may be one of the best ones we’ve ever made.
They were devoured by all and even requested again the next day. That’s always a win to us.
We are confident that you and your friends and family will love them too (if you decide to share 😉 ).
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN CINNAMON ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN BANANA BREAD CINNAMON ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
Unfortunately, at the time, we cannot recommend using a gluten free flour with this recipe. Please know that we are working on a gluten free dough, but it’s just not quite there yet.
Other than that, as long as you use a safe dairy free milk, (Oat is our favorite) and soy free vegan butter (try Earth Balance soy free) then you will be all set.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FLAVORS OF VEGAN CINNAMON ROLLS?
You sure can!
- classic vegan cinnamon rolls
- vegan raspberry cinnamon rolls
- vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls
- no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls
- vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls
- vegan chocolate cinnamon rolls
- vanilla butter and chocolate walnut cinnamon rolls (this one teaches you how to make in a muffin tin!)
PIN THESE VEGAN BANANA BREAD CINNAMON ROLLS IN MUFFIN TINS FOR LATER:
Vegan Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls
For the Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- In a stand mixer bowl, whisk together 4 1/2 cups flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt.
- Then, add in the dairy free milk, butter, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Let the stand mixer go until a dough ball has formed. *Sprinkle a little more flour in if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
- For the filling – Spread the softened butter evenly over the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle evenly over the butter.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into even sized pieces – 9 for larger cinnamon rolls or more for smaller ones.
- Place into a greased baking dish and cover. Heat oven to 150 degrees, turn off and place covered dish inside to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let oven preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish back inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Vegan Nutmeg Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream the vegan butter together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Beat together.
- Add 2 tbsp dairy free milk, vanilla, maple syrup, nutmeg and remaining cup of powdered sugar. Beat together again.
- Use remaining 2 tbsp of milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven when done. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon frosting across the top.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!