Delicious and easy to make no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls take just 45 minutes to make and require no rise time. Perfect for wanting homemade vegan cinnamon rolls quickly.
There are two things people wish they could change about making homemade vegan cinnamon rolls.
Working with yeast and the rise time
We completely get it. Yeast can be intimidating, especially if you aren’t use to working with it.
And the rise time. Well, sometimes we just don’t like waiting 2 hours for some homemade cinnamon rolls.
Right now, many of you are also experiencing a shortage of yeast which is another frustration
Have no worries, because we have you covered.
We made delicious no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls that come together in just 45 minutes.
We want to make something clear though, especially, if you have tried one of our other cinnamon rolls that do contain yeast. These are not as fluffy as those, specifically because there is nothing to make them rise and get that fluffy.
Nonetheless, they are delicious and will fill any cinnamon roll craving that you may be having.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do I need to make no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls?
There are 3 parts to these yeast free vegan cinnamon rolls. The dough, the filling, and the frosting.
Don’t let this recipe intimidate you. It may seem like a lot while you look at the list, but it’s so easy to make.
full ingredient amounts listed in the printable recipe card below
- flour (all purpose or bread)
- vegan cane sugar
- baking powder
- apple cider vinegar
- vegan butter
- dairy free milk
- brown sugar
- vegan cane sugar
- vegan butter
- raw cashews
- powdered sugar
- full fat coconut milk
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- (Dairy Free milk or water on hand for diluting)
- *See notes below about allergy friendly alternative
How do I make no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls?
Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
Add all your dry dough ingredients to a bowl and stir together.
Heat up your dairy free milk and melt your butter. Pour the milk, butter, and apple cider vinegar into the bowl and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
Lightly flour your counter and pour out the dough onto it. Knead the dough and then shape it into a smooth ball. Add more flour on top as needed to prevent sticking.
Using a rolling pin, roll your dough out to a 10×14″ rectangle.
In a bowl, make the filling by combining brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon and then stirring in vegan butter and vanilla.
Spread the filling evenly over the dough
On one of the longest sides, rough the dough to the opposite side.
Cut your rolls evenly into 9 pieces, about 1 1/2 inches apart
Place rolls in your greased pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. You want to see browning on your rolls.
While the rolls are baking, make your frosting by adding everything to a blender until smooth. If you want it thinner, add 1 tablespoon dairy free milk at a time until desired consistency.
Can I make yeast free vegan cinnamon rolls Top 8 Allergen Free?
For the dough and filling there is flour, vegan butter and dairy free milk.
For the milk, choose one that works for your allergies, we like oat so that’s usually good for everything.
For the butter, we recommend going with Earth Balance soy free in the red tub if there are soy allergies.
We have not tested this recipe with gluten free flour, but based on other testing it should work, it would just be more dense as gluten free flour has a tendency to be.
We have found that King Arthur’s Measure for Measure flour works best when switching out a gluten flour.
For the frosting, it is a cashew based frosting so nuts, as well as coconut are a concern. If those are a concern for you, we would recommend just making half the amount of our vegan buttercream frosting and follow the tips about the vegan butter above.
How long are yeast free vegan cinnamon rolls good for?
These yeastless cinnamon rolls would be best stored in an air tight container at which point they would be good for 3-5 days. Warming up being serving is recommended.
Can yeast free vegan cinnamon rolls be frozen?
Yes, you can either freeze them before baking or after they are done once they had had enough time to cool down (come to room temperature).
What other vegan breakfast ideas could I make?
Once you try these delicious vegan cinnamon rolls with no yeast, you may be looking for other amazing vegan breakfast ideas that you should try.
Otherwise, here’s some both sweet and savory dairy free breakfast ideas.
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Breakfast Skillet (pictured above)
- Vegan Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
- Super Soft Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuits
- Dairy Free French Toast
- Dairy Free Banana Bread
Pin these no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
No Yeast Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
No Yeast Dough
Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting (see notes for allergies)
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
For the Dough
- Add all dry dough ingredients to a bowl and stir together.
- Heat up dairy free milk and melt butter. Pour the milk, butter, and apple cider vinegar into the bowl and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Lightly flour surface and pour out the dough onto it. Knead the dough and then shape it into a smooth ball. Add more flour on top as needed to prevent sticking.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 10×14" rectangle.
For the Filling
- In a bowl, make the filling by combining brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon and then stirring in vegan butter and vanilla.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough
- On one of the longest sides, rough the dough to the opposite side.Cut rolls evenly into 9 pieces, about 1 1/2 inches apart
- Place rolls in greased pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through until you see golden brown on some of the rolls.
For the Frosting
- While the rolls are baking, make frosting by adding everything to a blender until smooth. If you want it thinner, add 1 tablespoon dairy free milk at a time until desired consistency.
- Remove rolls and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour over the frosting as desired.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!