These vegan sweet potato pie cinnamon rolls are the perfect way for how to use up leftover sweet potato pie! No need to waste, just recreate!
You’ve made a delicious vegan sweet potato pie for the holidays and now you have leftover pie you aren’t sure what to do with. *Whispers* You make these vegan sweet potato pie cinnamon rolls.
We love a good cinnamon roll, it’s no secret. We have over 3 dozen varieties here on our site.
However, we also love recreating recipes into new things in order to not waste any food.
One of the hardest things about the holidays when you are vegan or have food allergies is that you have to create this whole new meal. But then it’s even harder to think about what the heck to do with all the leftovers, especially if you are the only one who is eating this way.
These vegan sweet potato pie cinnamon rolls are also great way to recreate something for breakfast or brunch, especially if you have somewhere to go a day or two after having a big dinner.
Seriously they are one of the most decadent, mouthwatering vegan cinnamon roll flavors that we have made to date. They almost just melt in your mouth.
While they would be great for a breakfast or brunch, they could totally double as a dessert too!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still make these if I don’t have a vegan sweet potato pie?
Maybe you like the idea of these but you don’t have a vegan sweet potato pie. We totally get it and we have a simple solution.
You can mix together:
- 1 large cooked sweet potato (about 1 cup of mashed sweet potato)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
Put a quarter of the mixture inside the dough and put the rest as the filling.
Also crumble graham crackers into the dough and across the top of the filling mixture. We’d say 1-2 inside the dough and 2-3 across the top.
Can I make this with vegan pumpkin pie?
Yes! If you made vegan pumpkin pie instead of sweet potato pie, then you can use the same instructions below.
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN SWEET POTATO PIE CINNAMON ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN SWEET POTATO PIE CINNAMON ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
There’s a few ingredients in here that we need to look at.
First is the dough that contains wheat. We have not tried this particular mixture, but you could make the filling part and spread it on the inside of our gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls.
You also want to make sure your vegan sweet potato pie that you are using is safe. We do include instructions in our vegan sweet potato pie recipe for making one Top 8 Free.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FLAVORS OF CINNAMON ROLLS?
You sure can!
If you are looking for other cinnamon roll ideas, we have over 2 dozens more that are amazing.
- classic vegan cinnamon rolls
- vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls
- vegan chocolate cinnamon rolls
- See all our sweet and savory roll ideas.
Pin these vegan sweet potato pie cinnamon rolls for later:
Vegan Sweet Potato Pie Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough
For the Filling
- 3/4 cup leftover sweet potato pie
For the dough
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer bowl, combine 3 cups flour, brown sugar, yeast, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Chop the pie into pieces and add to bowl. Turn stand mixer on to low and slowly add in the dairy free milk.*If not using stand mixer, use a spatula to combine.
- Let go for 5-7 minutes, adding in the remaining flour slowly.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
- For the filling – Cut the pie away from the crust and spread it out across the dough.
- Crumble the crust pies over the filling.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Place into a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Frosting
- While rolls are cooking, in a bowl beat together the softened butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add in 2 tbsp of dairy free milk and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Add remaining 1-2 tbsp of milk if desired for a thinner consistency.
- Fold in crumbled graham crackers.
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before topping with frosting.
- Best served warm.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!