Vegan Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese spiced frosting are the combo of your fall dreams. Soft, fluffy perfection.
These absolutely amazing vegan apple pie cinnamon rolls with a luscious vegan cream cheese spiced frosting are going to be a fall hit whether you serve them for breakfast or even a desserts!
Fall is apple season and you can literally taste an apple pie salivating off your tongue, but these….these cinnamon rolls, are the apple pie recipe variation you didn’t even know you needed.
Spiced apples are sauted until soft and put inside the fluffiest vegan dough for a delicious treat.
But, we make them even better by topping it with an easy vegan cream cheese spiced frosting.
A must try combination!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN APPLE PIE CINNAMON ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN APPLE PIE CINNAMON ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
Unfortunately, at the time, we cannot recommend using a gluten free flour with this recipe. Please know that we are working on a gluten free dough, but it’s just not quite there yet.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe dairy free milk, (Oat is our favorite) and a soy free butter (try Earth Balance soy free in the red tub) then you will be all set.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FLAVORS OF CINNAMON ROLLS?
You sure can! We have dozens of flavors of cinnamon rolls now. We even have savory roll versions if you like things not so sweet.
Or, if you want, to see all our vegan cinnamon roll ideas.
Pin these vegan apple pie cinnamon rolls for later:
Vegan Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Spice Frosting
For the Dough
For the Apples
- 2 large apples (sweet but firm – like Fuji, Gala, Pink Lady)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
For the Filling
- In a large bowl for a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, yeast, salt, and nutmeg.
- Turn stand mixer onto low and add in the apple cider, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Add in the vegan butter and let go for 5-7 minutes, adding in the remaining flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
For the Apples
- Peel, core, and dice small the apples.
- Add the butter to a skillet over medium low heat.
- Add the brown sugar and stir.
- Add diced apples and let cook down for 5 minutes until softened.
- Remove from heat and let cool down completely.
- Once dough is doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
- For the filling – In a bowl, cream the butter. Then, add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly over the dough.
- Scoop out the apples, discarding the juice, and spread evenly over dough.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Place into a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover to rise for 45-60 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are touching.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Vegan Cream Cheese Spiced Frosting
- While rolls are cooking, in a bowl beat together the cream cheese and butter well.
- Add in the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom and mix again.
- Add in vanilla extract. Combine.
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before topping with frosting.
- Best served warm.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!