These vegan brown butter pecan cinnamon rolls are one of the most decadent vegan breakfast ideas you can make! You will wow with this recipe!
If you are hosting a breakfast or brunch with family and friends, these these vegan brown butter pecan cinnamon rolls should be on the list.
Seriously they are one of the most decadent, mouthwatering vegan cinnamon roll flavors that we have made to date. They almost just melt in your mouth.
While they would be great for a breakfast or brunch, they could totally double as a dessert too!
Often cinnamon rolls are served for special occasions, like holiday morning breakfasts or brunches. Especially if someone in your family made them homemade. It was usually a special treat.
With these vegan brown butter pecan cinnamon rolls, you can do the same memory making with your own family and friends.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN BROWN BUTTER PECAN CINNAMON ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN BROWN BUTTER PECAN CINNAMON ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
There’s a few ingredients in here that we need to look at.
First is the dough that contains wheat. We have not tried this particular mixture, but you could make the filling part and spread it on the inside of our gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls.
This recipe also calls for pecans; however, you can just omit that part if you have a nut allergy.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe dairy free milk, (like we said Oat is our favorite) then you will be all set.
CAN I MAKE OTHER FLAVORS OF CINNAMON ROLLS?
You sure can!
If you are looking for other cinnamon roll ideas, we have over 2 dozens more that are amazing.
- classic vegan cinnamon rolls
- vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls
- vegan chocolate cinnamon rolls
- See all our sweet and savory roll ideas.
Pin these vegan brown butter pecan cinnamon rolls for later:
Vegan Brown Butter Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough
For the Filling
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
For the Brown Butter Pecans
- Note* You could do this at each step or what we like to do is make all at once and then reserve different amounts for different stages.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 2 cups chopped pecans. Cook, stirring often to prevent burning, for 5-7 minutes, or until darker and have a nutty aroma.
- Add in all the vegan butter (1 1/3 cups) to the skillet with the pecans and let melt.
- Turn heat down to simmer and stir occasionally for an additional 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of vegan butter for the dough, 1/3 cup for the filling and 1/2 cup for the frosting. Divide the pecans evenly between the dough and filling (okay if some pecans are in the frosting)
For the dough
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer bowl, combine 3 3/4 cups flour, brown sugar, yeast, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Turn stand mixer onto low and add in the dairy free milk and 1/4 cup of the reserved brown butter pecan mixture. *If not using stand mixer, use a spatula to combine.
- Let go for 5-7 minutes, adding in the remaining flour slowly. This dough will be sticky.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
- For the filling – In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup reserved brown butter pecan mixture, brown sugar, and cinnamon to make a paste.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the dough.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces.
- Place into a greased 9×13 baking dish and cover to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Frosting
- While rolls are cooking, in a bowl beat together the remaining reserved brown brown butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add in 2 tbsp of dairy free milk and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Add remaining 1-2 tbsp of milk if desired for a thinner consistency.
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before topping with frosting.
- Best served warm.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!