This vegan cinnamon roll casserole is a delightful spin on traditional cinnamon rolls! Loaded with flavor and perfect for your next special breakfast!
Vegan cinnamon rolls are amazing and there’s nothing like a warm, soft center with frosting or glaze on top. But this vegan cinnamon roll casserole elevates it even more.
We start with our recipe for amazing vegan cinnamon rolls but then we mix all of that in an incredible vegan french toast batter that you will be shocked doesn’t need any eggs. Do we stop there? No way! We then top it with a crumbly and perfectly sweet vegan streusel topping.
The end result is something that is just so so amazing.
It’s soft with a tad crunch from the topping and so so gooey.
Whether you just want something special for breakfast or you are having guests over for the holidays and want to impress them, both vegans and non-vegans alike will absolutely love this idea.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I prep this vegan cinnamon roll casserole ahead?
Yes! Make it all the way through and then let cool completely. Once it is cooled, then you can either cover it in the dish you baked it in or remove to another container. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze this vegan cinnamon roll casserole ahead?
You can freeze the casserole after baking it and letting it cool completely.
Store it in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. To reheat, return to oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until heated throughout.
Do not let it thaw out overnight before reheating.
Can I make this cinnamon roll casserole Top 8 Allergen Free?
At this time, we cannot recommend a gluten free flour to use with our recipe.
However, if you have a gluten free vegan cinnamon roll recipe that you like, then you can proceed with the recipe as directed after making it. It may take a little longer to bake depending on the recipe that you used to make the cinnamon rolls.
We just wanted to share the photos above so that you could see what to expect the mixture to look like before it goes into the oven.
Once the french toast mixture is poured over and combined with the cinnamon rolls dough, it should resemble the photo above and then it’s time to bake after adding the topping!
Can I use store bought cinnamon rolls instead of making?
Absolutely! We do think that our homemade version is fluffier than any store bought version could be, we understand that you may want to get through the recipe faster.
There is a clear cost difference between the two in that store bought vegan cinnamon rolls are usually around $4-5 a canister.
You will likely need 2-3 canisters of vegan cinnamon rolls if you use this method.
What other vegan breakfast ideas could I make?
If you are looking for even more vegan breakfast ideas, we think you should check out these below.
- Vegan Chick-fila Copycat Chicken Biscuit
- Vegan Breakfast Pizza
- Vegan Strawberry Poptarts
- Vegan Banana Muffins
- Vegan Bagels
However, we have more than 5 dozen vegan breakfast recipes for you! Check out all our vegan breakfast ideas today!
Pin these vegan cinnamon roll casserole for later:
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Casserole
For the Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
French Toast Batter
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (thick part from top of can), (can sub for any dairy free milk, coconut just makes it creamier)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract, optional
- 1 cup chopped pecans, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add in the dairy free milk and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once risen, remove ball and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 18×12″ rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter across the dough, leaving about 1/2″ lip around the edge of the dough.
- Then, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over top.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut 12 even pieces.
- Cut each roll into quarters and place into a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Cover the dish and let rise for at least 30 minutes.
For the french toast batter
- While rising, add all the ingredients except the pecans into a blend and blend until smooth. If adding the pecans, fold into mixture once blended.
- Once dough has risen, pour the french toast batter over top and carefully stir to coat every piece with the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
For the Streusel Topping
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Then pour in melted vegan butter. Combine and fluff until a wet sand like texture. Evenly spread over dough pieces.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
For the Glaze
- While baking, make the icing by adding powdered sugar to a bowl and whisk in a tablespoon of milk at a time until slightly runny. Add in the vanilla and whisk again. Add more milk until desired consistency
- Remove casserole from oven and serve with glaze and more maple syrup if desired.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!