These vegan chocolate cinnamon rolls will blow you away! Absolutely the best vegan cinnamon rolls ever created. Soft, fluffy, gooey, perfection!
Yallllllllllllll. Hold onto your church hats, because we about to provide you with the most epic. most delicious. most amazing breakfast/brunch/dessert recipe you’ve seen in a long time. These vegan chocolate cinnamon rolls will blow your mind.
Okay. Just a minute.
Listen. This is not a quick recipe. This is not a 10 ingredient, 5 minute recipe, butttt…..if you listen and follow the directions, then you will end up with vegan cinnamon rolls that will rival any bakery creation you’ve ever tasted.
They are seriously that amazing and seriously worth bragging about that much. If you haven’t made any of our recipes yet, this is where you should start!
Watch how to make vegan chocolate cinnamon rolls:
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do I need for dairy free chocolate cinnamon rolls?
You don’t actually need a ton of ingredients for this recipe, however we do have some really specific items to ensure that these are the best vegan cinnamon rolls you’ve ever had.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Bread flour
- Instant yeast
- Sea Salt
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate Dairy Free milk
- Maple Syrup
- Vegan butter
- Coconut Sugar (Can Sub Brown Sugar)
- Vegan Cane Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
These are the ingredients that you need for the dough, the filling, and the glaze. When you think about it, 12 ingredients isn’t bad for an absolutely delicious vegan cinnamon roll!
Do I have to use bread flour?
These will definitely still turn out to be decent cinnamon rolls with using all-purpose flour versus bread flour; however, bread flour has a high gluten and protein content, thus it yields softer, fluffier cinnamon rolls.
If you truly want bakery style, soft, delicious, vegan cinnamon rolls they definitely use the bread flour. You won’t be disappointed. H
Can I make these Top 8 Allergen Free chocolate cinnamon rolls?
We have not attempted to make these with gluten free flour, so we currently can’t comment on that.
For the remaining ingredients, yes you can. Swap the chocolate almond milk for chocolate oat milk.
And ensure that you are use a soy free, dairy free butter. We use Earth Balance Soy free that comes in a red tub.
Nothing else included in the recipe contains a Top 8 allergen.
Can I prep these dairy free chocolate cinnamon rolls ahead of time?
These vegan cinnamon rolls are definitely best when warm, straight out of the oven. However, maybe you are trying to prep for breakfast for the week or prep a day or two in advance for a brunch or a special holiday.
The answer is YES!
You can absolutely prep these ahead of time. I wouldn’t recommend making them more than 3 days in advance. They will last for approximately 7 days stored in an air tight container.
They can be, but do not have to be store in the fridge.
Before serving, warm up for 30-45 seconds on so until ready to eat.
What other vegan breakfasts should I try?
There are literally a ton of different vegan breakfasts that you could create; however, we are going to pull some of our favorites that we think you should also try!
Other vegan breakfast ideas include:
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Banana Muffins
- Glazed Vegan Donuts
- Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Delicious Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan French Toast
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Pin these vegan cinnamon rolls for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
For the dough
For the Filling
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (sub for brown sugar if needed)
- 1/3 cup vegan cane sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the dough
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, yeast, and salt.
- Add in the milk and syrup, then stir until a dough forms. *you can do this with a dough attachment to a stand mixer or stir with a spatula and then use your hands.
- Knead. *you can do this with a dough attachment to a stand mixer or stir with a spatula and then use your hands.
- Place dough in a greased bowl.
- Turn off oven.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and place in warm oven for 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
For the Filling
- In a small bowl combine the sugars and cinnamon together.
- Once risen, lightly flour a surface and roll dough out until approximately 12×15 rectangle.
- Brush the butter across the entire surface.
- Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture across the dough.
- Starting on one side, roll the dough into a log.
- Cut the log into approximately 2 inch pieces.
- Place in a well greased 10" springform pan or skillet.
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees
- Let rise again for 10-15 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are doubled.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes or until done.
For the glaze
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, make the glaze.
- Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder to a bowl. Lightly stir to combine.
- Add in the melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir until very well combined.
- Pull the cinnamon rolls out let cool for 10 minutes. Pour glaze over and serve.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!