These easy vegan pecan pie bars are the best parts of pecan pie in hand held form! Make them as big or small as you want! Great for holidays!
If you love pecan pie, then you are going to love these vegan pecan pie bars.
If you grew up in the Southern United States, then you have likely had pecan pie. You may even be in love with a traditional pecan pie. Unfortunately, it’s far from vegan; however, this vegan pecan pie will make all your dreams come true!
If you have never had a pecan pie or even know what a pecan pie is then let us tell you! Pecan pie is a pie that uses pecan nuts as well as a butter and sugar mixture. Traditional pecan pie uses eggs; however, we will be omitting that to make a vegan version. It is a popular southern dessert recipe, especially for the holidays.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I MAKE THIS A TOP 8 ALLERGEN FRIENDLY VEGAN PECAN PIE BARS?
Unfortunately, the main basis of this dish is a nut, so it’s not able to be made Top 8 Allergen free.
Beyond the nuts, it could be other Top Allergen friendly. Make sure that you are using a dairy free, soy free vegan butter like Earth Balance soy free in the red tub if you avoid soy.
Swap the coconut milk for another creamy plant based milk like oat.
If you are gluten free, we suggest use a gluten free 1-to-1 flour.
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN PECAN PIE BARS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! These vegan pecan pie bars should be stored, covered in an air tight container, but it will lat for 5-7 days prepped ahead of time. Of course, it’s best served warm, but you can easily microwave a piece if needed.
Can I make these with walnuts instead of pecans?
Yes, you can use the same about of chopped walnuts instead of pecans.
How can I make this into a vegan pecan pie instead of bars?
We suggest that you follow our recipe for vegan pecan pie instead of the directions in this post.
Will my vegan pecan pie bars set up more after removing from the oven?
A slight jiggly with pecan pie and pecan pie bars is normal. As it cools, it will thicken and set up perfectly.
How many pieces should I cut this into?
In the photos, we are showing how to cut it into 16 equal size bars; however you can cut it into as many pieces (or lack thereof) that you desire.
You could make them bigger, for example 9 bars, or you could make them much smaller. Some people will cut these into 32 or even 64 very bite size pieces. Cut down you best to make them into even size pieces by cutting straight lines.
WHAT ARE OTHER VEGAN DESSERT RECIPE IDEAS I SHOULD TRY?
Other delicious vegan desserts that you may want to try would be:
- Dairy Free Apple Pie
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Easy Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Vegan M&M Rice Krispies
- Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
See even more dairy free and egg free desserts on our website!
Pin these vegan pecan pie bars for later:
Vegan Pecan Pie Bars
- 9 Inch Pie Pan
For the Vegan Crust
For the Vegan Pecan Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cans unsweetened full fat coconut milk (can sub for oat milk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (can sub cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- Optional, Whole Pecans for topping
For the Vegan Crust
- Turn oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8 pan.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the flour and combine well until a dough forms.
- Add dough into pan and spread it out into one even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until edges slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
For the Pecan Pie Filling
- In a saucepan, add in the butter, sugars, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Add arrowroot powder 1 tbsp at a time and whisk throughly after each.
- When mixture begins to thicken, turn off the heat and whisk in flaxseed. Add the pecans and stir together. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Will be slightly jiggly when removing.
- Carefully arrange whole pecans on top if desired.
- Place on a baking rack and let cool completely.
- Place in fridge to set overnight (minimum 4 hours).
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!