Absolutely delicious vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls are the perfect brunch or special breakfast! Pair with our vegan blueberry frosting for this incredible vegan breakfast idea
Cinnamon rolls are breakfast life. Okay, maybe not seriously. But if you are looking for a delicious breakfast idea, then these vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls are seriously so good.
There’s something nostalgic about cinnamon rolls for many people. Usually it involves popping a can, but other times it’s just the memory of cinnamon rolls.
Often, they are served for special occasions, like holiday morning breakfasts or brunches. Especially if someone in your family made them homemade. It was usually a special treat.
With this easy vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls, you can do the same memory making with your own family and friends.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do I need for vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls?
You only need 9 ingredients for these easy dairy free blueberry cinnamon rolls.
We start with the base of our vegan everything dough recipe and then just add 4 extra ingredients to make the cinnamon rolls.
Full amounts listed in the printable recipe card below.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Instant yeast
- Dairy Free Milk (we like Oat)
- Maple Syrup
- Frozen blueberries
- Vegan Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Lemon Zest
That’s it! Can you believe that’s all you need?
How do you make Vegan Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls?
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, and salt. Then, add in the dairy free milk and maple syrup.
Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if you need to not be sticky and form a ball.
Once your ball is formed, you will want to grease the same bowl you mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl.
Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place.
Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
In a bowl, add the blueberries, both sugars, and lemon zest together. Then spoon the mixture evenly over the dough.
Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into even sized pieces – 9 for larger cinnamon rolls or more for smaller ones.
Place into a greased baking dish and cover. Heat oven to 150 degrees, turn off and place covered dish inside to rise for 45-60 minutes.
Remove from oven and let oven preheat to 350 degrees F. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
Remove and top with homemade vegan blueberry frosting. *Blueberry frosting instructions below.
Can I prep these vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls ahead?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your cinnamon rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
Are these vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls Top 8 Allergen Free?
Unfortunately, at the time, we cannot recommend using a gluten free flour with this recipe. Please know that we are working on a gluten free dough, but it’s just not quite there yet.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe dairy free milk, (like we said Oat is our favorite) then you will be all set.
Could I make other things with the dough besides cinnamon rolls?
Yes! This recipe using our vegan everything dough that can be used for cinnamon rolls, pull apart bread and more! Grab our vegan everything dough recipe by clicking that link and you’ll get a ton more ideas!
Can I make other flavors of cinnamon rolls?
You sure can! Replace the same amount of blueberries with raspberries to make vegan raspberry cinnamon rolls. Or you could even do blackberries. We’ll create other flavors in the future.
If you are also looking for other cinnamon roll ideas, we have a few more that don’t use this everything dough, but are still amazing.
Pin these vegan blueberry cinnamon rolls for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
For the Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, and salt.
- Then, add in the dairy free milk and maple syrup.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl. *If you are oil free, then just make sure sides of bowl are floured, or use a silicone bowl to easily get it out
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 17×25″ rectangle that is 1/4″ thick.
- In a bowl, add the blueberries, both sugars, and lemon zest together. Then spoon the mixture evenly over the dough.
- Carefully roll cinnamon rolls into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into even sized pieces – 9 for larger cinnamon rolls or more for smaller ones.
- Place into a greased baking dish and cover. Heat oven to 150 degrees, turn off and place covered dish inside to rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let oven preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Once heated, place dish back inside and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
For the Vegan Blueberry Frosting
- In a small sauce pan, add the blueberries, 1/2 cup water, and vegan cane sugar over medium heat. Stir around until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining water and the cornstarch. Pour into sauce pan with 1/4 tsp vanilla.
- Let reduce down for 10-15 minutes until it’s thickened a bit (see video for consistency), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- This is a blueberry glaze. You are going to use some of it to pour over your cinnamon rolls when done and some of it to make a thicken frosting.
- Inside a bowl add powdered sugar.
- Then, add a tablespoon at a time and whisk into the powdered sugar until desired consistency of frosting. For the photos, we added 10 tbsp of the glaze. Add more to make it thinner.
- Once the consistency is there, add the remaining 3/4 tsp vanilla and whisk together.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven when done. Brush the other glaze across the cinnamon rolls a few times (may not use all of it) and then add the blueberry frosting.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!