Raspberry vegan crescent french toast casserole is the perfect prep ahead holiday breakfast or brunch or a way to use leftover crescent rolls
This raspberry vegan crescent french toast casserole is going to knock your socks off!
Whether you are making this before a holiday or after, it’s going to be a hit!
This vegan french toast casserole is great to be able to make before the holidays because you can prep it a few days ahead completely or you can make it up until ready to bake and pop it in the oven the morning of when you need it.
Or if you already had your holidays and you have a bunch of crescent rolls leftover and you are sure what to do with it, then you need this crescent roll casserole!
It’s an absolute showpiece and it tastes like a raspberry danish that has been layered and baked to perfection.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this Raspberry Vegan Crescent French Toast Casserole Top 8 Allergen Free?
This recipe has wheat, soy, and potentially coconut inside.
For the vegan butter, just use a soy free option, like Earth Balance soy free.
For the cream cheese, many have coconut. You could make our nut free soy free vegan cream cheese and swap the coconut oil for vegan butter.
For the milk, just use a plant based milk that is safe for your allergens.
While we haven’t tried swapping the tofu, you could try to do a flax egg mixture. You would need 6 tablespoon of ground flax seed and ¾ cup water Stir together and let site for 10 minutes. Use this to swap the tofu, cornstarch and water mixture.
Lastly, is the crescent rolls. you could try to find a gluten free vegan crescent roll but we have not found one yet.
Can I prep this Raspberry Vegan Crescent French Toast Casserole ahead?
This recipe can be made and stored in an air tight container for 5-7 days.
Just make the recipe as written, cover and place in fridge until ready to use. Place back in the oven for 10-15 to warm back up or in the microwave for 30-45 seconds at a time until heated through.
Can I use other flavors of preserves?
Yes! You do not have to use raspberries. Feel free to switch this up for your favorite preserves like strawberry, apricot, blueberry and more!
You could even mix and match two flavors if you want to get creative like strawberry and raspberry together.
What other vegan breakfast ideas could I make?
If you are looking for even more vegan breakfast ideas, we think you should check out these below.
- Vegan Chick-fila Copycat Chicken Biscuit
- Vegan Breakfast Pizza
- Vegan Strawberry Poptarts
- Vegan Banana Muffins
- Vegan Bagels
However, we have more than 5 dozen vegan breakfast recipes for you! Check out all our vegan breakfast ideas today!
Pin this Raspberry Vegan Crescent French Toast Casserole for later:
Raspberry Vegan Crescent French Toast Casserole
- 1 ½ cup silken tofu
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cup dairy free milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 cups day old crescent rolls (approximately 12-16 crescents), roughly torn into 3-4 pieces each [we use pillsbury]
- 1 10oz jar raspberry fruit preserves
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 6 tablespoon vegan butter, cut into tablespoon pieces, cold
- Grease a 9×13 casserole baking dish.
- In a blender, add tofu, cornstarch and water and blend together.
- Add in dairy free milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Blend again.
- Tear the crescent rolls and put into a bowl. Pour the mixture over crescent rolls and give it stir together.
- Add ½ the mixture to the baking dish.
- Reserve ⅓ cup each cream cheese and raspberry preserves. With the remaining, scoop tablespoon size dollops across the top.
- Add remaining crescent rolls mixture. Then dollops of the remaining cream cheese and jam. If there's any mixture left in the bowl, add that over top.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay cubed vegan butter over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top s golden. Check after 30 minutes, if the top is browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes, then cut and serve.