These incredibly delicious vegan pizza rolls are a savory spin on a breakfast classic. Loaded with sauce, and vegan cheese and pepperoni, they will make your mouth water! Toppings can be switched!
We all know that cinnamon rolls are life. And while they would be good any time of the time, they are traditionally saved for breakfast or brunch. However, these vegan pepperoni pizza rolls take the same concept and turn it into a savory option that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.
It’s absolutely amazing and we aren’t saying that because we’re biased after creating the recipe.
They truly are.
They take the best parts of the soft dough and add in all your favorite savory toppings to create layers and layers of pizza goodness.
It’s also a great option for a meal on the go if needed.
No matter the reason, whether you need a lunch or dinner option, these vegan pepperoni pizza rolls are going to be a hit! They are for sure on our must try list.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN PEPPERONI PIZZA ROLLS AHEAD?
Yes! You sure can! There are two options.
- Once you make the dough and cover it to rise, you can place the bowl in the fridge up to 2 days before you plan to use it.
- You can make the entire recipe and then store your vegan pizza rolls in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days.
ARE THESE VEGAN PEPPERONI PIZZA ROLLS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
Unfortunately, at the time, we cannot recommend using a gluten free flour with this recipe. Please know that we are working on a gluten free dough, but it’s just not quite there yet.
Otherwise, as long as you use a safe vegan cheese, you can easily make these.
We have not seen vegan pepperoni that is wheat free, but you can omit that and just have vegan cheese pizza rolls or you can add in additional toppings.
Do I have to use cheese and pepperoni inside the rolls?
Nope! In fact, you don’t even needed to use the pizza sauce.
The toppings are suggested just to be similar to a traditional pepperoni pizza; however, just like traditional pizza, you can customize and make these entirely your own.
If you like peppers or mushrooms or olives, all of these things can be added.
If you like vegan bacon or sausage instead of or in addition to vegan pepperoni, then you can do that as well.
Or if you don’t like vegan processed meats, you can omit and just do vegan veggie pizza rolls!
The possibilities are endless.
Do I have to use oil?
Many people love our everything dough recipe because it’s oil free. However, you may notice below that oil is included in this recipe.
That is because it gives a more of a traditional pizza taste; however, it can be omitted without making any other changes.
As far as the vegan butter brushed on top, this is to help give a crunch to the tops, similar to a pizza crust. While we do highly recommend this method, you could use a very neutral (unsweetened, non flavored, low sugar) dairy free milk and brush that lightly on the tops instead.
COULD I MAKE OTHER THINGS WITH THE DOUGH BESIDES PIZZA ROLLS?
Yes! This recipe using our vegan everything dough that can be used for cinnamon rolls, pull apart bread and more! Grab our vegan everything dough recipe by clicking that link and you’ll get a ton more ideas!
What other vegan pizza ideas could I try to make?
Pizza is a staple in many lives and often times when people go vegan they are nervous they are going to have to give up pizza. Fortunately, that’s not the case. Not even close. We’ve created delicious and family friendly pizza recipes for everyone to enjoy!
- 5 Ingredient Vegan Pizza Lunchables
- Spicy Vegan Mac and Cheese Pizza
- No Yeast Vegan Pizza Dough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Yeast Free Vegan Pizza Dough
- Walnut Meat Pizza Skillet
- Vegan Pizza Pasta Casserole (photo above)
- Vegan Pepperoni Pizza
- Vegan Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Pin these Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Rolls:
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
For the Filling
For the Pizza Rolls
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Then, add in the water and oil.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl. *If you are oil free, then just make sure sides of bowl are floured, or use a silicone bowl to easily get it out
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size, pull out the dough and lay it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough into an approximately 18×12″ rectangle.
- Spread the Italian seasoning over the dough. Then spread the pizza sauce, leaving about 1/2″ lip around the dough. Spread the vegan cheeses and pepperoni evenly over the dough.
- Carefully roll into log from the longest side up. One completely rolled, place seam side down. Cut into 12 even sized pieces. *It’s okay if some of the sauce comes out, but try to tuck and roll as you go along.
- Place into a greased baking dish and cover. Let rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Right before going into the oven, brush the tops with the vegan butter.
- Once heated, place dish inside and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes or until dough is cooked inside.
- Remove rolls from oven when done. Add any additional toppings.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!