This spicy vegan mac and cheese pizza is the perfect way to use up leftover vegan mac and cheese or just a delicious spin on traditional pizza that’s a hit for all!
Your eyes aren’t deceiving you. Spicy Vegan Mac and Cheese Pizza has arrived.
I mean what’s not to love about the perfect vegan pizza crust with the most amazing nut free, no potatoes or carrots vegan mac and cheese.
And while we made this spicy with fresh jalapenos sliced throughout the pizza, that is completely optional if you aren’t a fan of spice.
What’s even better is that this is a great leftover idea after any day that you’ve made our vegan mac and cheese. Just add the leftovers to your pizza and bam, instant second dinner idea!
No matter what night it is, there is always the right time for this vegan mac and cheese pizza.
We hope you enjoy it!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I prep this ahead?
The whole premise of us making this is that you are able to use leftovers, thus half of your meal being already made for you.
However, if you are attempting to meal prep this from scratch one week, you totally can.
You can make the dough in advance and allow it to rise in the fridge up to 3 days before using.
The vegan mac and cheese will last for 7 days in the fridge, so you can make that even further ahead.
Then when the day comes for you to have this spicy vegan mac and cheese pizza, all you have to do is make shape our your pizza dough and go! Less than 15 minutes.
Can I make this top 8 allergen free?
Yes! Sort of.
We do not have a gluten free pizza dough that we have tried, but we have been told that our Easy 2 Ingredient Vegan Pizza Crust has worked with spelt flour.
Beyond that, you want to use a gluten free pasta for the mac and cheese. There are so many choices available now, so just use the one that you like the best.
Gluten free pastas tend to be chewier, so if you are doing the baked version, we would recommend that you cook it a few minutes less on the stove.
For the vegan butter, ensure that it is soy free. We prefer earth balance soy free when it comes to this. It comes in a red tub.
Can I use a different crust?
We are using our vegan everything dough recipe for the crust; however, you can use your favorite.
If you need to cut down even more on time, then you could use a store bought crust.
You could also use our no yeast vegan pizza crust or try our easy 2 ingredient vegan pizza crust.
Do I have to make it a spicy vegan mac and cheese pizza or can I omit the spice?
We understand that many people don’t like spicy foods. Luckily, you don’t have to make it spicy at all. You can completely omit the jalapeños.
What are other topping ideas?
Listen, just the crust and vegan mac and cheese alone are great together. We love the idea of simple, yet super flavorful meals. However, if you want even more ideas for toppings, then here’s a few:
- bell peppers
- vegan pepperoni
- vegan bacon or vegan bacon bites
- minced garlic
Make it even spicier with some red pepper flakes.
Pin this spicy vegan mac and cheese pizza for later:
Spicy Vegan Mac and Cheese Pizza
For the dough
- 3 ½ – 4 cups flour (we prefer bread, can use all-purpose or whole wheat – see post for details)
- ¼ cup vegan cane sugar (can sub for maple syrup)
- 1 package instant yeast (1 package is 2 ¼ teaspoon yeast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups water
Leftover Vegan Mac and Cheese (See notes)
- 2-3 cups leftover vegan mac and cheese*
- ¼ cup leftover vegan mac and cheese sauce*
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan (we like Violife or you can make our homemade vegan Parmesan)
- ½ fresh jalapeno, sliced thin
- *This recipe is a leftover idea. However, if you do not have our leftover vegan mac and cheese, then you can make a fresh batch of our vegan mac and cheese and proceed once it's made.
For the Dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 ½ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Then, add in the water.
- Using a spatula, fold until mostly combined. Sprinkle a little more flour if needed to not be sticky and form a ball.
- Once ball is formed, add it back into the bowl.
- Cover with a towel and let sit for 45-60 minutes in a warm, draft free place, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees.
Assembling the pizza
- *This dough can make 2 thin crusts or 1 thicker crust. If making 2 thinner crusts, then you will need to double the amount of sauce, mac and cheese and jalapenos above or use the second crust for a different type of pizza.
- When ready, leaving about a half inch all around for a crust, add a thin layer of the leftover vegan mac and cheese sauce to the inside.
- Sprinkle the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Evenly spread out the leftover vegan mac and cheese and jalapeno slices.
- Cook for 7-12 minutes depending on crust thickness or until golden brown crust. *Carefully watch because it cooks quickly at this temperature.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
Leave a Reply