This absolutely amazing vegan cookie dough ice cream needs just 12 ingredients and can be completely Top 8 Allergen Free. Prep time is just 20 minutes.
Vegan cookie dough ice cream is the brain child of edible cookie dough and vanilla ice cream combined into one dreamy and luscious treat.
We wanted to prove that once again began vegan or dairy free doesn’t mean that you have to give up favorites like ice cream.
Ice cream isn’t synonymous with strictly dairy milk. You can actually make ice cream with a variety of different milks.
Today, however, we wanted to share with you a no churn, no banana vegan ice cream.
You will be mind blown at how easy it can be to make delicious, creamy, amazing dairy free/vegan ice cream in your home without lugging out another appliance.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Can I make vegan cookie dough ice cream Top 8 Allergen Free?
Yes! There are a few swaps you are going to need to make. For starters, when making the vegan edible cookie dough use a gluten free flour and a soy free butter.
We like Earth Balance soy free. It comes in a red tub.
In the ice cream portion, we are using coconut whipped topping and condensed milk. However, it’s still possible to make this a Top 8 Allergen Friendly Ice Cream.
So let’s walk through this. We can replace the coconut whipped topping with an almond or rice whip topping depending on allergens. Both of those come in spray cans.
For the vegan condensed milk, we clearly outline how to make it in our linked post with any type of dairy free milk, so you could use oat or flax for Top 8 Allergen Friendly.
Those little switches will make this a Top 8 Allergen free ice cream.
DO I HAVE TO USE VANILLA BEAN OR CAN I JUST USE EXTRACT?
If you want an authentic vanilla ice cream taste, then you really need to use the vanilla bean.
Of course, if you don’t want to, you always have the option of just using vanilla extract. Add an additional 1 tbsp of vanilla extract to the recipe.
Hint: splurge on the vanilla beans!
HOW LONG WILL VEGAN ICE CREAM LAST IN THE FREEZER?
For the most part, as long as you are using products that don’t expire soon, vegan ice cream will last 3-6 months if stored properly. Then again, that’s if it lasts that long!
WHAT STORE BOUGHT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
Making this store bought, definitely makes the process go faster. Our preferred products, if no coconut allergy is present, is So Delicious coconut whipped topping in the tub and the canned sweetened condensed coconut milk.
WHAT OTHER NO CHURN VEGAN ICE CREAMS SHOULD I TRY?
Once you try this delicious no churn dairy free ice cream, you may be wondering what other flavors you should try! Here are some delicious recommendations straight from our kitchen:
- Classic Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vegan Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream
- Summer Favorite Vegan S’mores Ice Cream
- Summer Favorite Vanilla Blueberry Peach Ice Cream
- Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream
- Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream
Pin this vegan cookie dough ice cream to save for later!
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream
For the Edible Cookie Dough
For the Edible Cookie Dough
- First, heat treat the flour is ensure it’s edible. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spread flour out evenly on a cookie sheet. Allow it to bake for 5 – 7 minutes. Once the flour temperature has reached 160˚F any bacteria would be killed making the flour edible. Let cool, then add to recipe.
- While heat treating flour, in a medium size bowl, cream together the vegan butter, brown sugar and salt until light in color. About 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the dairy free milk and vanilla.
- Add the baked flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.
For the Ice Cream Base
- If making vegan condensed milk, make that first.*Skip this step if using store bought.
- If making whipped topping from scratch, in a large bowl, scoop out the fat content from the top of your canned coconut milk and whip until stiff peaks form.*If using store bought, pour out the contents of the tub and whip it.
- Beat in vegan condensed milk, salt, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean.
- Scoop small spoonfuls of the edible cookie dough and drop into the mixture. *Use between 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the dough in the ice cream depending of how much you want. You will not need to use all the cookie dough for this.
- Pour into a reusable ice cream container or freezer safe, air tight container and store at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out amount desired as needed.
- Yields approximately 2 pints.
- *Store remaining edible cookie dough in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!