The absolute best vegan chocolate cookies and cream milkshake uses 2 types of cookies to make the most amazing vegan cookies and cream milkshake ever.
If you are a cookie fan, then this vegan chocolate cookies and cream milkshake is going to be your go to treat.
We are combining chocolate ice cream with two types of cookies to make a delicious sweet treat that you will go crazy for.
We do use store bought cookies to make this process seamlessly easy and quick.
The end result is one epic vegan milkshake idea that will blow you away.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Free?
We haven’t tried, but we are going to explain what you need to look for.
Make sure that you choose a vegan ice cream and plant based milk that is safe for your allergens.
If needed you could make your own Top 8 Allergen free vegan chocolate ice cream by following the tips for making it so in our post.
Also choose a whipped topping that is okay – like almond, coconut, or rice whip.
Can I prep these ahead?
We don’t recommend that you try to make these ahead. Milkshakes are best made when ready to eat.
What is the best whipped topping to use?
We prefer the coconut based version of Reddi-whip for a perfect whipped topping out of a spray can.
However, if you aren’t worried about the perfect swirls, then our easy homemade Vegan Whipped Topping is perfect.
What the best type of milk for a vegan milkshake?
A very neutral plant based milk is best for milkshakes so that the milk itself doesn’t impart too much flavor into your milkshake.
For that, we prefer a milk like oat milk, but any neutral plant based milk will work.
How do I make my vegan milkshake thicker if I added too much vegan milk accidentally?
This happens (even to us). Sometimes our “splash” of milk actually comes out much faster than we anticipate. Oops!
No worries, you can add ice to make it thicker.
I don’t have store bought cookies can I make my own?
Yes you can!
We recommend that you follow our instructions for easy vegan chocolate chip cookies but omit the brown sugar and replace with only cane sugar and bake for an extra minute or two so that they get hard like store bought cookies.
Do I have to do the fancy rim?
Of course not. It’s just fancy and while it’s edible, it’s not needed.
Can I double the milkshake all at once or do I need to make one by one?
If you need to make more than one milkshake, then you can absolutely do it all at one time.
Just add the same amount of ingredients for how many you need. Make sure you don’t go over your blenders max line.
Pin this vegan chocolate cookies and cream milkshake for later:
Vegan Chocolate Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- 3 scoops vegan chocolate ice cream
- 1-2 tbsp neutral plant based milk (we like oat)
- 3 Chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed, divided
- 1 crunchy vegan chocolate chip cookie, crushed
- *The idea behind this is that you are using store bought ingredients to make this go faster; however if needed you can DIY the entire thing (it will just take longer than 5 minutes). Use these homemade recipes (click on links):*Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream*Vegan Chocolate Frosting*Vegan Whipped Topping
- Spread frosting around the top 1 inch of the glass.
- Roll in crushed chocolate chip cookies to get them to adhere to frosting.
- Add 1/3 of the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies to the bottom of the glass. Set aside.
- Add vegan ice cream, dairy free milk, and remaining crushed chocolate sandwich cookies into a blender. Blend until combined.
- Add milkshake into the cup.
- Top with vegan whip cream, sprinkle cocoa powder and crushed cookies on top and gently push 2 chocolate sandwich cookies in the whipped cream.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!