The absolute best vegan strawberry birthday cake milkshake uses leftover cake to make the most amazing vegan strawberry milkshake ever.
There are usually two types of people in the world. Those that like chocolate and those that aren’t really fans. If you aren’t really a fan, then this vegan strawberry birthday cake milkshake is just what you’ve been waiting for.
We are combining delicious vegan ice cream with fresh strawberries and leftover (or fresh) vegan birthday cake.
The end result is one epic vegan milkshake idea that will blow you away.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Free?
Yes! Make sure that you choose a vegan ice cream and plant based milk that is safe for your allergens.
If needed you could make your own Top 8 Allergen free vegan vanilla ice cream by following the tips for making it so in our post.
As for the graham crackers and birthday cake, technically you could omit these or you can create gluten free versions. Try using gluten free flour for our vegan graham crackers and vegan vanilla cake (just add vegan sprinkles).
Can I prep these ahead?
We don’t recommend that you try to make these ahead. If you are making from scratch and not using leftover birthday cake, then you could definitely make the cake before hand; however, the actually milkshake is best made when ready to eat.
Are sprinkles vegan?
Most sprinkles are not vegan. Many container confectioner’s glaze or shallac which is actually made from beetles, making it not vegan.
If you see either of these things on your ingredient label for the sprinkles or boxed cake mix if using that, then it it not considered vegan.
Where can I find vegan sprinkles?
Finding vegan sprinkles can be tricky. Almost no major grocery store carries ones that are vegan; however, we have seen them in most Whole Foods locations.
What the best type of milk for a vegan milkshake?
A very neutral plant based milk is best for milkshakes so that the milk itself doesn’t impart too much flavor into your milkshake.
For that, we prefer a milk like oat milk, but any neutral plant based milk will work.
How do I make my vegan milkshake thicker if I added too much vegan milk accidentally?
This happens (even to us). Sometimes our “splash” of milk actually comes out much faster than we anticipate. Oops!
No worries, you can either add ice to make it thicker or frozen strawberries if you have them on hand.
Also since this is a birthday cake milkshake, adding more birthday cake could also aiding in the thickening process.
I don’t have birthday cake can I omit?
Yes you can! It would just be a strawberry milkshake then, but it’s not a requirement if you don’t have any.
Do I have to do the fancy rim?
Of course not. It’s just fancy and while it’s edible, it’s not needed.
Can I double the milkshake all at once or do I need to make one by one?
If you need to make more than one milkshake, then you can absolutely do it all at one time.
Just add the same amount of ingredients for how many you need. Make sure you don’t go over your blenders max line.
What is the best whipped topping to use?
We prefer the coconut based version of Reddi-whip for a perfect whipped topping out of a spray can.
However, if you aren’t worried about the perfect swirls, then our easy homemade Vegan Whipped Topping is perfect.
Pin this vegan strawberry birthday cake milkshake for later:
Vegan Strawberry Birthday Cake Milkshake
- *The idea behind this is that you are using leftover birthday cake and other store bought ingredients to make this go faster; however if needed you can DIY the entire thing (it will just take longer than 5 minutes). Use these homemade recipes (click on links):*Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream *Vegan Birthday Cake (add ½ cup vegan sprinkles to the mix before baking)*Vegan Graham Crackers*Vegan Vanilla Frosting*Vegan Whipped Topping
- Spread frosting around the top 1 inch of the glass.
- Roll in sprinkles or crushed graham crackers to get them to adhere to frosting. Set aside.
- Add vegan ice cream, dairy free milk, cake, strawberries, and graham cracker into a blender. Blend until combined.
- Add milkshake into the cup.
- Add a strawberry to the side of the glass. Top with vegan whip cream, sprinkle crushed graham cracker or sprinkles on top and gently push a graham cracker in the whipped cream.