These vegan cookie dough ice cream sandwiches are made completely with edible cookie dough and ready in under 2 hours! Can be Top 8 Allergen Friendly!
Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches. Do we really need to go into any more explanation than that? I mean, isn’t your mouth already salivating at the thought and images alone?
We knew you’d agree! But we’ll still give a few details!
What’s great about that is that you only need 15 minutes to make the vegan cookie dough and then you can assemble your bars. You’re left with the hardest part being that you have to wait to let it set up in the freezer.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE SOME VEGAN ICE CREAM IDEAS?
We have absolutely delicious no churn vegan ice cream flavors already on our site. Also feel free to pick up store bought ice cream from companies like So Delicious or Ben & Jerry’s.
Our no churn vegan ice cream flavors include:
- Vanilla Blueberry Peach
- Salted Caramel Brownie
- Rocky Road
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
Grab the recipe for our no churn vegan ice cream recipes mentioned above and make your favorite flavor today!
CAN I MAKE THESE TOP 8 ALLERGY FRIENDLY COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM SANDWICHES?
As long as you use ice cream that is safe this is super easy.
First if you follow our instructions for any of our no churn homemade vegan ice creams then you are good to go on the ice cream.
Otherwise, using a gluten free flour and a soy free vegan butter and you’re good to go!
We like Earth Balance soy free for butter. It comes in a red tub.
CAN I PREP THESE VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM SANDWICHES AHEAD?
These ice cream bar can be eaten immediately after setting up or you can prep them ahead. They can be stored in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
It’s perfect to make them at the beginning of summer and used any time you need a treat or to make a few days before that next birthday party or cookout that you want a fun treat at!
WHAT OTHER SUMMER VEGAN DESSERTS SHOULD I TRY?
There are so many delicious summer treats that can be made vegan and we have a ton for you right now!
- Sweet & Tart Vegan Lemon Bars
- Vegan Banana Pudding
- The Best Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- Dye Free Vegan Strawberry Cake
- Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Must Try Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
Want even more dessert ideas? Check out all of our vegan desserts.
Pin these Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches for later:
Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups flour, heat treated (For GF we have used King Arthur Measure for Measure GF Flour)
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup small vegan chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life minis)
- 2 pints vegan ice cream, softened (use one of our listed homemade ones in the post or store bought)
- First, heat treat the flour is ensure it's edible. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spread flour out evenly on a cookie sheet. Allow it to bake for 5 – 7 minutes. Once the flour temperature has reached 160˚F any bacteria would be killed making the flour edible. Let cool, then add to recipe.
- While heat treating flour, in a medium size bowl, cream together the vegan butter, brown sugar and salt until light in color. About 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the dairy free milk and vanilla.
- Add the baked flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to form dough into a ball and then split into 2 pieces. Place one half in the fridge.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Push the other half of cookie dough down evenly onto the bottom of the pan.
- Spread out both pints of softened vegan ice cream.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and carefully push the other half of cookie dough evenly across the top of the pan. *Tip: If it's easier roll out the dough roughly the size of 8 by 8 and then just lay on top
- Place back in the freezer for 90 minutes or until hardened.
- Cut into 16 bars. Eat as desired. Store leftovers in an air tight freezer container
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!