One of the most delicious and fun desserts as a kid, now turned vegan! We’re showing how to make easy and simple, vegan ice cream sandwiches, perfect every time!
As a kid, you beg for any type of frozen treat. It doesn’t matter if it’s a popsicle, ice cream bar, ice cream in a bowl or cone, fried ice cream, etc. You’ll take it any way you could get. One of our favorites, was and is an ice cream sandwich. Today, we’re turning that into some epic vegan ice cream sandwiches that are sure to be a hit.
One of the great things about vegan ice cream sandwiches made at home is that you literally have endless possibilities. You can use any type of cookie that you have bought or made, and endless versions of ice cream.
Want triple chocolate chip cookies with s’mores ice cream, go for it! Would you rather have oatmeal cookies with Peanut Butter and Jelly ice cream? You can do that too. Want simple chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream? The world is yours!
Make it plain or get really creative! There are so many options!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
What ingredients do you need to make dairy free ice cream sandwiches?
In order to make vegan ice cream sandwiches, you need 2 ingredients.
- Pre-made vegan ice cream
- Pre-made vegan cookies
You have the option to either make these homemade using a variety of vegan cookie recipe (some we’ll link below) or if you can find store bought vegan cookies, you can use those too!
The same is true of your vegan ice cream. You can use a variety of homemade vegan ice creams (we love all our no churn vegan ice cream recipes) or you can buy vegan ice cream from the store.
What are some vegan ice cream ideas?
We have absolutely delicious no churn vegan ice cream flavors already on our site. Also feel free to pick up store bought ice cream from companies like So Delicious or Ben & Jerry’s.
Our no churn vegan ice cream flavors include:
- Vanilla Blueberry Peach
- Salted Caramel Brownie
- Rocky Road
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
Grab the recipe for our no churn vegan ice cream recipes mentioned above and make your favorite flavor today!
What are some vegan cookie ideas?
We have more than a half dozen vegan cookie recipes already on our site! Feel free to use one of ours or buy store made vegan cookies at your favorite store or vegan bakery.
- Our Favorite: Vegan Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Simple, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Meal Cookies (can be made without chocolate)
- Classic Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan M&M Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
How do you make vegan ice cream sandwiches?
Ice cream sandwiches are really easy to make once you have everything pre-made. The short answer is you place ice cream in between two cookies and freeze, then serve. It’s that easy.
If you want more in depth directions, here’s how you make vegan ice cream sandwiches.
Start by making your cookies and ice cream. Once your ice cream has frozen and your cookies are ready to go, you are ready to put your sandwiches together.
Lay one cookie upside down (so bottom side up). Place a scoop of ice cream on the flat side and then top with the bottom of another cookie.
*Tip: If you want to make the ice cream layer even, then you can place a scoop of ice cream inside a biscuit cutter that is the same size as your cookies. Carefully remove and repeat for the amount of ice cream layers you need. Then, freeze for 30-45 minutes until solid and make your sandwiches.
You can serve these immediately or store them in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Should I use soft or hard cookies for vegan ice cream sandwiches?
The best ice cream sandwiches are made with cookies that are soft. This makes them easier to eat. Harder cookies make it more difficult to bite down through all the layers.
Can I make these Top 8 Allergy Friendly ice cream sandwiches?
As long as you use ice cream and cookies that are safe for your allergies, then you can definitely makes them Top 8 allergy free.
For the cookies, you’d mainly be looking to find a gluten free cookie and for the ice cream, you’d likely be looking for one that is nut free. It’s definitely possible though.
Can I prep these dairy free ice cream sandwiches ahead?
These ice cream sandwiches can be eaten immediately or you can prep them ahead. They can be store in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
It’s perfect to make them at the beginning of summer and used any time you need a treat or to make a few days before that next birthday party or cookout that you want a fun treat at!
What other summer vegan desserts should I try?
There are so many delicious summer treats that can be made vegan and we have a ton for you right now!
- Sweet & Tart Vegan Lemon Bars
- Vegan Banana Pudding
- The Best Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- Dye Free Vegan Strawberry Cake
- Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Must Try Vegan Lemon Pound Cake
Want even more dessert ideas? Check out all of our vegan desserts.
Pin these vegan ice cream sandwiches for later:
Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 8 pre-made vegan cookies
- 1 ½ pints vegan ice cream
- Start by making your cookies and ice cream. Once your ice cream has frozen and your cookies are ready to go, you are ready to put your sandwiches together. *Tip: Start by making one of our no churn vegan ice cream recipes and vegan cookie recipe – all of these are linked towards the top of our post (7 ice cream flavors and more than half a dozen cookie ideas).
- Lay one cookie upside down (so bottom side up).
- Place a scoop of ice cream on the flat side
- Top with the bottom of another cookie.
- *Tip: If you want to make the ice cream layer even, then you can place a scoop of ice cream inside a biscuit cutter that is the same size as your cookies. Carefully remove and repeat for the amount of ice cream layers you need. Then, freeze for 30-45 minutes until solid and make your sandwiches.
- Serve immediately or store them in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.