Absolutely incredible! This vegan edible chocolate chip cookie dough will blow you away! Just 7 ingredients and ready in under 15 minutes!
Ever want to just eat cookie dough and not make cookies?
Ever have that nagging sound in the back of your head that you shouldn’t eat raw cookie dough?
If either of these things have happened to you, then you will absolutely love this vegan edible chocolate chip cookie dough.
Many people assume that since there’s no eggs in vegan cookie dough, that it is safe to consume. However, that’s not true.
Flour is often a higher risk of salmonella poisoning than raw eggs.
However, with just a few minutes, you can have completely safe to consume flour making the most delicious vegan edible cookie dough.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Can I make this Top 8 free Allergen Free Vegan Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Yes! There are a few swaps you are going to need to make.
For starters, when making the vegan edible cookie dough use a gluten free flour and a soy free butter.
We like Earth Balance soy free. It comes in a red tub.
For flour, we have had the best results with one like King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure.
Can I prep this vegan edible cookie dough ahead of time?
Yes. This dough will last, stored in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Of course, that’s if you can let it last that long!
PIN THIS VEGAN EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Vegan Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 cup flour, heat treated (Use GF Flour if needed)
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon dairy free milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup small vegan chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life minis)
- First, heat treat the flour is ensure it's edible. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spread flour out evenly on a cookie sheet. Allow it to bake for 5 – 7 minutes. Once the flour temperature has reached 160˚F any bacteria would be killed making the flour edible. Let cool, then add to recipe.
- While heat treating flour, in a medium size bowl, cream together the vegan butter, brown sugar and salt until light in color. About 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the dairy free milk and vanilla.
- Add the baked flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
How long will this remain edible? Can I make a large batch of this, freeze it and eat it when I want? Is it freezer friendly and for how long?
Yes, you can. 3 months in the freezer in freezer safe container
Can you actually make this and bake it up as cookies??
Technically yes, but we’re personally recommend an actual baked recipe on our site first
Is bobs red mill gluten free baking flour ok?
Yes you could use that
Loooove this recipe! So yummy!!
So happy to hear you enjoyed it. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Have a great day!
I wish I found this recipe sooner! I love that it was exactly what I was looking for and it was so much better tasting than eating the store bought edible cookie dough! I made these into cookie dough bonbons and drizzled a raw cacao shell coating for a decadent treat! I can’t wait to try more recipes! Thank you so much!!!
We’re so excited to hear that it was a hit! And love your idea of the bonbons! Thanks for taking time to leave a review, we really appreciate that. Have a great week!
I used this recipe so I could make chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and my partner and I had to restrain ourselves from eating the whole batch before mixing it in! I’ll definitely be using this recipe again.
We’re so happy to hear that! Thanks so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate it. Have a great rest of your week.