Vegan salted caramel brownie ice cream! Need I say more? We pair homemade vegan caramel with chunks of brownies for an ultimate treat!
Being vegan or dairy free doesn’t mean that you can’t have delicious tasting ice cream. This vegan salted caramel brownie ice cream proves that!
I know that it may sound like an oxymoron, but ice cream isn’t synonymous with strictly dairy milk. You can actually make ice cream with a variety of different milks if you have an ice cream maker.
Today, however, we wanted to share with you a no churn vegan ice cream. You will be mind blown at how easy it can be to make delicious, creamy, amazing dairy free/vegan ice cream in your home without lugging out another appliance.
We combine delicious homemade tahini caramel sauce with our absolutely incredible dairy free brownies for the ultimate vegan treat!
Watch how to make vegan salted caramel brownie ice cream:
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do you need to make dairy free salted caramel brownie ice cream?
You need less than 15 ingredients to make this delicious dairy free ice cream recipe. Most of those are the ingredients that you need to make the dairy free brownies.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Full fat canned coconut milk or Store bought vegan whipped topping
- Vegan Condensed Milk (click for recipe)
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegan Brownies
- maple syrup
- coconut oil (or vegan butter if allergy)
How do you make vegan salted caramel brownie ice cream?
This is one of the harder vegan ice cream recipes that we have only because you need to make a few things before you can make the actual ice cream.
Still, you don’t need any ice cream makers or other non-standard appliances.
To start, you need to make your dairy free brownies. While that cooks, make the tahini caramel sauce.
To do that, in a pan, add coconut oil to melt. Then add in the tahini and maple syrup. Add in the vanilla and some of the salt. Combine. Remove from heat and sprinkle remaining salt on top.
Next, you’re going to make your homemade vegan condensed milk.
If you are using store bought vegan condensed milk you can skip that step.
Everything needs to be cooled before proceeding.
Once you have your condensed milk prepped or ready from the store, then you will start by whipping your coconut whipped topping. Follow the instructions for making it from home or pour out the contents of the tub and whip it.
If you are making it from canned coconut milk, you will whip until stiff peaks form. If you are using store bought, then just blend until smooth consistency.
Next, whip in your vegan condensed milk, salt and vanilla extract. Fold in bits of chopped brownie pieces.
Pour into a reusable ice cream container or freezer safe, air tight container by alternating the ice cream base and caramel sauce. Store at least 6 hours or overnight in the freezer.
Scoop out amount desired as needed and serve.
CAN I MAKE THIS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM?
So let’s walk through this. We can replace the coconut whipped topping with an almond or rice whip topping depending on allergens. Both of those come in spray cans.
For the vegan condensed milk, we clearly outline how to make it in our linked post with any type of dairy free milk, so you could use oat or flax for Top 8 Allergen Friendly.
For the coconut oil in the caramel sauce, swap with a soy free dairy free butter like Earth Balance in the red tub.
HOW LONG WILL VEGAN ICE CREAM LAST IN THE FREEZER?
For the most part, as long as you are using products that don’t expire soon, vegan ice cream will last 3-6 months if stored properly. Then again, that’s if it lasts that long!
WHAT STORE BOUGHT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
Making this store bought, definitely makes the process go faster. Our preferred products, if no coconut allergy is present, is So Delicious coconut whipped topping in the tub and the canned sweetened condensed coconut milk.
WHAT OTHER NO CHURN VEGAN ICE CREAMS SHOULD I TRY?
Once you try this delicious no churn dairy free ice cream, you may be wondering what other flavors you should try! Here are some delicious recommendations straight from our kitchen:
- Classic Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vegan S’mores Ice Cream
- Summer Favorite Vegan Vanilla Blueberry Peach Ice Cream
- Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream
- Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream
Pin this vegan salted caramel brownie ice cream for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream
For the Tahini Caramel Sauce
To Make the Tahini Caramel Sauce
- In a pan add oil and melt over medium low.
- Add in the tahini and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Stir in vanilla and 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the rest of the salt on top.
For the Ice Cream Base
- Make your vegan brownie recipe.
- While cooking, make the vegan condensed milk.*Skip this step if using store bought.
- Once brownies and condensed milk are cooled. Proceed.
- If making whipped topping from scratch, in a large bowl, scoop out the fat content from the top of your canned coconut milk and whip until stiff peaks form.*If using store bought, pour out the contents of the tub and whip it.
- Beat in vegan condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the brownie pieces.
- Pour into a reusable ice cream container or freezer safe, air tight container by alternating layers of the ice cream base and 1/4 cup of the tahini caramel sauce.
- Store at least 6 hours or overnight in the freezer.
- Scoop out amount desired as needed with additional tahini caramel warmed and drizzled on top.
- Yields approximately 1 pint.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!