This no churn vegan pistachio ice cream needs just 6 Ingredients and 5 minutes to prep. Full of flavor and perfect year round!
We have done no churn ice creams a lot. In fact this vegan pistachio ice cream makes 7. It’s one of our most popular requests.
But this one…this one may be the most flavorful.
If you have never had pistachio ice cream before and you think it may be a bit weird, just trust us.
Pistachios in ice cream give such an intense flavorful impact to the sweetness of the ice cream base and your taste buds will be like whoa wow wait a minute what just happened. Gimme more. More more more.
And once you try this one, go ahead and check out our other vegan ice cream flavors like salted caramel and rocky road so that you can have even more happiness in your life.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE VEGAN PISTACHIO ICE CREAM?
You need just 6 ingredients to make this delicious dairy free ice cream recipe. That little fact may blown your mind with excitement, but it’s really a super simple recipe.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Full fat canned coconut milk or Store bought vegan whipped topping
- Vegan Condensed Milk (click for recipe)
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
Full amounts are listed in the printable recipe card below.
HOW DO YOU MAKE NO CHURN VEGAN PISTACHIO ICE CREAM?
There are a few steps that you need to do in order to make this, but you don’t need any ice cream makers or other non-standard appliances.
To start, grind up some of the pistachios and set aside. With the remaining pistachios, chop them into small pieces and toast in a skillet for a few minutes.
Then, you need to make your homemade vegan condensed milk.
If you are using store bought vegan condensed milk you can skip that step.
Once you have your condensed milk prepped or ready from the store, then you will start by whipping your coconut whipped topping. Follow the instructions for making it from home or pour out the contents of the tub and whip it.
If you are making it from canned coconut milk, you will whip until stiff peaks form. If you are using store bought, then just blend until smooth consistency.
Next, whip in your vegan condensed milk, salt vanilla extract, almond extract, and the ground pistachios. Fold in the chopped pistachios.
Pour into a reusable ice cream container or freezer safe, air tight container and store at least 6 hours or overnight.
Scoop out amount desired as needed and serve.
CAN I MAKE THIS TOP 8 ALLERGEN FRIENDLY PISTACHIO ICE CREAM?
This recipe contains pistachios as a main ingredient so that itself cannot be omitted. Other than that it can be allergen friendly.
In the main recipe, we are using coconut whipped topping and condensed milk.
So let’s walk through this. We can replace the coconut whipped topping with an almond or rice whip topping depending on allergens. Both of those come in spray cans.
For the vegan condensed milk, we clearly outline how to make it in our linked post with any type of dairy free milk, so you could use oat or flax for Top 8 Allergen Friendly.
Those two switches will make this a Top 8 Allergen free ice cream besides nuts (pistachios).
HOW LONG WILL VEGAN ICE CREAM LAST IN THE FREEZER?
For the most part, as long as you are using products that don’t expire soon, vegan ice cream will last 3-6 months if stored properly. Then again, that’s if it lasts that long!
WHAT STORE BOUGHT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?
Making this store bought, definitely makes the process go faster. Our preferred products, if no coconut allergy is present, is So Delicious coconut whipped topping in the tub and the canned sweetened condensed coconut milk.
WHAT OTHER NO CHURN VEGAN ICE CREAMS SHOULD I TRY?
Once you try this delicious no churn dairy free ice cream, you may be wondering what other flavors you should try! Here are some delicious recommendations straight from our kitchen:
- No Churn Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vegan Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream
- Summer Favorite Vegan S’mores Ice Cream
- Summer Favorite Vanilla Blueberry Peach Ice Cream (pictured above)
- Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream
- Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream
PIN THIS VEGAN PISTACHIO ICE CREAM FOR LATER:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
No Churn Vegan Pistachio Ice Cream
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (Or 1 tub frozen vegan whipped topping)- *Need to yield approximately 3 cups whipped topping
- 4 oz vegan condensed milk recipe
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios, grounded up
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped and toasted
- If making vegan condensed milk, make that first.*Skip this step if using store bought.
- If making whipped topping from scratch, in a large bowl, scoop out the fat content from the top of your canned coconut milk and whip until stiff peaks form.*If using store bought, pour out the contents of the tub and whip it.
- Beat in vegan condensed milk, salt vanilla extract, almond extract, and the ground pistachios.
- Fold in the chopped pistachios.
- Pour into a reusable ice cream container or freezer safe, air tight container and store at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out amount desired as needed.
- Yields approximately 1 pint.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!