This vegan french bread pizza takes just 15 minutes to make! Add your favorite toppings for an easy vegan dinner idea! Also great for lunch or snacks!
Pizza is life! Okay, not really, but if you are here, I hope we can both agree that not many foods can touch how amazing pizza can be. This vegan french bread pizza is not only insanely easy to make, but it’s quick too!
Sometimes, we need really fast meals, but we also don’t want to think about it. This is one of those meals. Grab your favorite pizza toppings, a baguette and you are good to go. It’s ready is about 15 minutes. I mean really can you get any easier than that?
Whether you need lunch or dinner these vegetarian french bread pizzas are perfect, but they are even great for snacks. If you have teenagers that need an after-school snack, this is something that’s even easy enough for them to make on their own.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
VEGAN FRENCH BREAD PIZZA INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make this vegan french bread pizza:
- baguette – this long loaf of bread is easy to find in many stores and makes a great hand held pizza.
- pizza sauce – use your favorite pizza sauce that is already seasoned
- vegan mozzarella shreds – to really enjoy this recipe, we recommend using a vegan cheese that you really like already. If you don’t have one, check out our vegan shredded cheese taste test
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- baguette – you could also use an Italian loaf which is not as long, but wider if you prefer. Additionally, you could make your own homemade vegan baguette
- pizza sauce – switch it up and use a creamy white sauce, hummus, pesto, or any other favorite pizza sauce. Even make your own spaghetti sauce
- vegan mozzarella shreds – switch us the cheese for cheddar, pepperjack, gouda, and more! Get creative!
- add spices – we love adding garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes when adding sauce. Sprinkle as desired
How do I make the best vegan french bread pizza?
Here’s three tips to make the best quick vegan pizza recipe:
- Don’t skip the double toasting – you want it to be crunchy before adding the toppings
- Don’t add too much sauce – adding extra sauce on the side is better than too much before broiling as it will make your pizza soggy.
- Use your favorite vegan cheese and sauce – having ingredients that you really love will make this even better
What are the best vegan pizza toppings?
The possibilities are endless! We have sauce, cheese, and vegan pepperoni on ours as the main, but we also love adding spices like garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes. Here’s some more ideas.
- vegan meat crumbles
- fresh garlic
For any toppings that you want cooked til soft (like onions or peppers), we recommend sauteing them before hand as these easy vegan french bread pizzas aren’t cooked long enough to make them soft.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You’ll want a vegan mozzarella cheese that is suitable for your allergens. As far as the baguette, we haven’t seen a gluten free one, but if you can locate a gluten free bread, then go for it!
While it’s possible, we wouldn’t really recommend it. It goes so fast, we would suggest cutting the baguette and storing it in an air tight container until ready to use.
To make this fast, we are using Prego Farmer’s Market sauce, Daiya cutting board blend mozzarella cheese and Yves vegan pepperoni.
What other vegan pizza ideas could I make?
If you love pizza, you’ll love these ideas!
- Vegan Focaccia Pizza
- Taco Bell Copycat Mexican Pizza
- Vegan Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
- Spicy Vegan Mac and Cheese Pizza
- Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza
- Breakfast Vegan Pizza
- Vegan Pizza Sliders
- No Yeast Vegan Pizza Dough
Pin these vegan french bread pizzas for later!
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
Vegan French Bread Pizza
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, more for dipping
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds, more to taste
- additional toppings
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise and then into 4 (or 6 pieces for smaller one).
- Place on baking sheet and under a broiler for 2-3 minutes or until toasty and slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven. On top of each slice, add 2 tbsp of pizza sauce, 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella, and any additional toppings.
- Place under broiler for another 3-4 minutes or until pizza is melty.
- Remove from oven and serve with more sauce on the side if desired.