This Vegan Pizza Tater Tot Casserole will be a hit. Everything you love about pizza mixed with amazing tater tot topping! A must try!
Who doesn’t like tater tots? It’s potatoes in fun shapes that are perfect for dipping. They are bite sized and just incredible. That’s why this vegan pizza tater tot casserole is a hit for kids and adults alike.
We are basically make a pizza “meat” filling and then adding tater tots and cheese on top and baking it to perfection.
It’s so easy to make and the hardest part about it will be waiting for it to finish cooking in the oven.
You are able to top it with any of your favorite toppings making this completely customizable!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What brand of vegan cheese do you use?
We go through a variety of cheeses in our house, but the Daiya Cutting Board blend, Violife, and Follow Your Heart are 3 that we use on an ongoing basis.
See our vegan shredded cheese taste test video!
What brand of vegan pepperoni are you using?
We can only easily find Yves veggie pepperoni locally so that is the one we use.
We know there are many recipes available online as well but we do not have one ourselves at this time.
Can I make vegan pizza tater tot casserole Top 8 Allergen Free?
The ingredients that we are looking at here are the meatless crumbles, vegan cheese, and vegan pepperoni
For the meatless crumbles, you can use whatever you favorite brand is that is safe for you. Or you could try subbing with lentils.
For the vegan cheese, many have coconut oil, so again, choose the brand that is safe for your family.
Lastly, we haven’t seen a vegan pepperoni that doesn’t include wheat, but you can totally just omit those and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
How long is vegan pizza tater tot casserole good for?
This casserole will last 5-7 days in the fridge in an air tight container.
Can vegan pizza tater tot casserole be frozen?
You could let the “meat” mixture cool and then add the frozen tater tots on top, cover it tightly and freeze it. When you are ready to use it, add an additional 10-15 minutes to the cook time (or until the dish is warmed throughout entirely).
What other vegan dinner ideas could I make?
If you love tater tot casseroles like this, then we also encourage you to try out our tex mex vegan tater tot casserole.
If you love this easy dairy free dinner recipe, you may be wondering what other dairy free dinner ideas we have. Here are some ideas we have (all are vegan):
- Vegan Instant Pot Tex Mex Rice
- Vegan Taco Casserole
- Vegan Italian Meatballs
- Vegan Alfredo
- Easy Dairy Free Spinach & Walnut Pesto
Pin this vegan pizza tater tot casserole for later:
Vegan Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 green bell pepper (any color will work, we like to use red)
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (can sub with vegetable stock)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground meatless crumbles
- 1 ½ -2 cups marinara
- 2 cups vegan shredded cheese, divided
- 1 32oz bag tater tots
- 4 oz vegan pepperoni
Additional Toppings, Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the "Meat" Mixture
- Chop onions, garlic, and peppers very fine.
- Add oil to a large skillet (*we are using a 12" cast iron skillet to go directly into the oven), and saute your onions and peppers until translucent (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the garlic for 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and garlic powder across and stir to combine.
- Add in meatless crumbles and marinara sauce. Stir together.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- *If using an oven safe skillet, sprinkle 1 cup of the vegan mozzarella cheese, then add your frozen tater tots to the top. *If you are not, transfer mixture to a 9×13 casserole dish and then add the cheese and tater tots to the top.
- Top with remaining vegan shredded cheese, then add the vegan pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tater tots have cooked through. Broil for a few seconds after if desired for a crispier tots, careful not to burn.
- Remove carefully and top with green onions or any favorite pizza toppings like red pepper flakes or grated vegan parmesan.
- *Feel free to get creative with your favorite pizza toppings throughout the cooking process.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
I made this for dinner but in a mini pizza version! Same recipe, but I used ramekins for individual services—so delicious, thanks for sharing!
So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the feedback
Looks super gooodddd 🌻🌻💛💛