These easy and delicious vegan pepperoni pizza sliders made with our vegan Hawaiian rolls are just the meal that you’ve been wanting! Perfect for lunch, dinner, or a special occasion.
Soft pillow sweet rolls with the combination of your favorite pizza ingredients, then vegan pepperoni pizza sliders are a hit no matter when you eat them!
We are combing the best part of pizza – sauce, cheese (vegan of course), vegan pepperoni, and a garlic butter sauce and then pairing with our vegan Hawaiian rolls, which are soft and buttery sweet rolls that make just the absolute best pairing.
These are great for lunches or dinner but also as snacks or appetizers. They are great for parties or special occasions or even just a Netflix and chill or family movie fun night.
They are versatile and can be made with your absolute favorite pizza ingredients.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Can I prep these vegan pepperoni pizza sliders?
Yes! They will last in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute or a toaster oven until heated through.
Can I freeze vegan pepperoni pizza sliders?
We recommend that you let the rolls cool completely and make the sliders and then before baking the sliders, put in an air tight freezer container or wrap tightly in foil. Foil specifically helps reduce the chance of frost bite.
Use within 3 months by proceeding with the recipe and adding an extra 5 minutes cooking time or until heated throughout. Cover with foil if tops start to brown too quickly.
Can I make vegan pepperoni pizza sliders Top 8 Allergen Free?
Unfortunately, at the time, we cannot recommend using a gluten free flour with this recipe. Please know that we are working on a gluten free dough, but it’s just not quite there yet. As far as the vegan pepperoni, that also contains wheat.
For the vegan butter, we recommend Earth Balance Soy Free, it comes in a red tub.
For the cheese, choose one that fits your allergens – we have some ideas in our vegan shredded cheese taste test.
Can I reheat these?
Absolutely! Just pop them into the microwave for 15 seconds at a time until they are heated throughout.
If you are using them from frozen, let them sit out overnight, then proceed with above.
Do I have to make the Hawaiian Rolls?
You could totally just make pepperoni and cheese sandwiches on bread or hamburger rolls, Obviously it would be a little different though. Or just make these on vegan dinner rolls.
I’m having a party, how many sliders should I have per person?
It is recommended that you have 2 sliders per person.
Depending on what all you are serving you could reduce that to 1 or you could cut each one in half to make them go further.
What is the best vegan cheese to use?
We are using Field Roast Chao original in the photos.
If you are interested in more information about vegan cheese, take a read on our vegan sliced cheese taste test and our vegan shredded cheese taste test.
What’s the best vegan pepperoni?
We are using Yves Pepperoni in the photos.
Honestly, we don’t have access to a variety of vegan pepperoni to choose from, so this is the one we are easily able to find and try. If you have a brand recommendation we should try to find, let us know in the comments!
You could also look up a recipe for seitan pepperoni and try making it yourself.
Do I have to use vegan pepperoni on these sliders?
Absolutely, not! Get creative and use a variety of other vegan meat options or even make it with some sliced tofu or our vegan bbq seitan chicken.
You could also leave all the vegan meat substitutes and do some slices and sautéed veggies for a veggie pizza flare – like mushrooms and peppers.
What vegan sides should I make?
You could eat these completely by themselves or you may want to pair it with something like a simple salad, french fries or one of our other sides listed here:
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
For the Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ½ – 4 cups flour (we prefer bread, can use all-purpose or whole wheat – see post for details)
- 2 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 package instant yeast (1 package = equals 2 ¼ tsp)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, divided
For the Pepperoni Sliders
- 8 slices vegan cheese, room temperature (we use Chao, see post for more ideas) [double if you want it even cheesier]
- 4.2 oz vegan pepperoni (we use 1 package of Yves Pepperoni. Sub for thinly sliced homemade seitan pepperoni)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- ⅛ cup dairy free parmesan
- fresh basil, chopped for garnish, Optional
For the Hawaiian Rolls
- Combine the pineapple juice and vanilla Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whisk together 3 ½ cups flour, potato starch, yeast, brown sugar and salt.
- Add in the pineapple juice mixture.
- Let stand mixer go until dough has come together and easily coming off sides. Will be a little sticky.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with some flour on top (enough for it to not stick to your hands). Form dough into a ball.
- Once ball is formed, grease the same bowl mixed in and place the dough ball back into the bowl. *If you are oil free, then just make sure sides of bowl are floured, or use a silicone bowl to easily get it out
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 60-90 minutes in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
- Once doubled, punch down dough and then pull off pieces into 16 even sizes. (We prefer to weigh the whole ball and then divide by 16 to ensure as even as possible).
- With each piece, fold sides under and roll into balls.
- Place each ball, seam side down, into a greased or parchment lined 9×13 baking pan.
- Cover pan and let rise for another 30 minutes. *After this rise, you want the dough balls to be touching each other. If they are not touching, give them a little bit longer.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees while rising this second time.
- Using ⅓ cup of melted butter, brush each roll liberally.
- Put into oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes.
For the Pepperoni Sliders
- Slice the sliders in half.
- Quarter each slice of cheese.
- Layer the sliders with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, 1 quarter cheese, 3-4 slices vegan pepperoni, another quarter of cheese.
- Put the tops back on.
- Repeat until all sliders are made.
- Whisk together the melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Brush half the sauce evenly across all sliders.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until top are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Add the vegan parmesan to the remaining garlic butter mixture and brush the rest on top of the sliders.
- Top with fresh chopped basil if desired.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then serve.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
Super tasty! These would be perfect for a get together, or just for a casual weeknight meal. We really enjoyed the pineapple juice in the dough for the buns (team pineapple 🍍 in this house!) to get the sweetness without loading up the buns with a ton of toppings. Thanks for a great recipe!
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for taking time to leave a review, we really appreciate it.