These are hands down the best vegan homemade dinner rolls recipe. Baked to soft and fluffy perfection everyone will enjoy! Just 6 Ingredients, one bowl, completely from scratch!
If you ask me it’s not a holiday gathering unless there’s dinner rolls. That’s why I had to make sure that we created the best vegan dinner rolls out there.
These rolls are super fluffy. They are so soft. And they are topped with vegan buttery perfection, not once, but twice for just an amazing side dish to any meal you have.
While these are perfect for holidays and get togethers, don’t be afraid to make them and not want to share either. We completely understand that too!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients go in vegan dinner rolls?
You only need six ingredients to make these delicious vegan dinner rolls. The ingredients that you need are:
- instant yeast
- vegan cane sugar
- dairy free milk
- vegan butter
That’s it! This is the combination of ingredients that will give you the most delicious vegan dinner rolls.
How do you make vegan dinner rolls?
Start out with 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. If you have a stand mixer, then start with the flour in a bowl for your machine.
Then, add all ingredients except the extra flour in the stand mixer. Turn the mixer on until incorporated.
Once together, slowly add in more flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a dough forms. Keep adding the flour until you have a solid dough ball that bounces back once you touch it. You may not use all the flour. You are looking for it to not be sticky.
Once you feel like your dough is ready, remove the dough ball from your bowl. Grease the bowl well and then place the dough back into the bowl.
Cover and let rise for 45-60 minutes or until doubled in size.
Once doubled, punch down your dough and then pull off pieces (about 2.5 to 3oz- use a scale if you want, but it’s not needed). Roll into balls.
Place each ball, seam side down, into a greased 9×13 baking pan. Cover pan and let rise for another 30 minutes.
You want the dough balls to slightly be touching each other after the 30 minutes. If they are not touching, give them a little bit longer.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees while rising this second time.
Brush each roll with melted butter liberally. Toss in oven 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven. Right before serving brush with melted butter again.
Best served warmed.
Do I have to use a bread machine?
You don’t have to but it does make the process go faster.
If you do not own a bread machine, then you can knead by hand.
You are going to start with 3 cups of flour instead of two. Use a spatula to mix together until you have no liquid remaining.
Turn out onto a floured surface and sprinkle more of the flour on top.
Knead the dough by hand until you have a solid dough ball form. You are still looking for your dough to not be sticky and spring back a touch.
Can these be Top 8 Allergen Friendly Dinner Rolls.
We cannot say these work to be gluten free at this time. We are working on a recipe and will update when we have perfected it.
For soy allergies, make sure you use a soy free vegan butter. We like Earth Balance soy free. It comes in a red tub.
And for dairy free milk, just use an unflavored and not overpowering milk of your choice, like oat.
Can I prep these vegan dinner rolls ahead?
Being completely honest, these are best served warm right out of the oven.
However, we know that’s not always possible . These vegan dinner rolls are also great stored in an air tight container for up to 5 days. Warm before serving.
WHAT ARE OTHER VEGAN SIDE DISHES THAT I SHOULD TRY?
There are endless possibilities, but here are some of our favorite vegan side dishes that we think everyone will like:
- Vegan Apple and Sausage Stuffing
- The Best Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Cornbread
- Easy Vegan Mashed Potatoes (4 Ways)
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Italian Vegan Pasta Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Vegan Green Bean Salad
- The Best Vegan Baked Beans
- Vegan Glazed Carrots
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
Vegan Dinner Rolls
For the dough
For the topping
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, melted, divided
- Add two 2 cups of flour to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining dough ingredients except the extra flour in the stand mixer. Turn the mixer on until incorporated.
- Once together, slowly add in more flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a dough forms.
- Keep adding flour until a solid dough ball forms that bounces back slightly when touched. *You may not use all the flour. You are looking for it to not be sticky.
- Remove the dough ball from bowl. Grease the bowl well and then place the dough back into the bowl.
- Cover and let rise for 45-60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Once doubled, punch down dough and then pull off pieces (about 2.5 to 3oz- use a scale if you want, but it's not needed).
- Roll into balls.
- Place each ball, seam side down, into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Cover pan and let rise for another 30 minutes. *After this rise, you want the dough balls to slightly be touching each other. If they are not touching, give them a little bit longer.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees while rising this second time.
- Using 1/3 cup of melted butter, brush each roll liberally.
- Toss in oven 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Right before serving brush with remaining 1/3 cup melted butter again.
- Best served warmed. Makes 15 dinner rolls.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!