Never get upset you forgot the cones again! All you need is 6 ingredients to make your own delicious homemade vegan waffle cones and bowls.
Have you ever gone to scoop out ice cream into a cone only to realize that you forgot or you are out of cones?
It’s annoying, but we are here to help.
Now, you can make your own vegan waffle cones or bowls in the comfort of your own home.
All you need is 7 ingredients and you can have vegan waffle cones in under 20 minutes.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
Can I make these vegan waffle cones top 8 allergen free?
The only ingredient in this recipe that is a Top 8 Allergen is flour. You can sub for a gluten free flour.
We have had the best results with one like King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure.
Making this swap will make Top 8 Allergen Free Cones.
Can I prep these vegan ice cream cones ahead of time?
Yes, but not for long. Vegan waffle cones are best served immediately; however, if you store them in an air tight container, you could use them within 24 hours. After that, they get too soft.
What type of appliance do I need?
If the video, we are using the Koji ice cream cone maker.
You could also use a pizzelle maker if you have one of those.
We prefer the ice cream cone maker because it comes with a rolling pin to make it easier to shape.
What if I don’t have one of those appliances?
If you don’t have one of these, you can preheat an oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Spread 3 tablespoons of mixture into a circle on the baking sheet approximately 7 inches wide.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Proceed to roll up into a cone.
WHAT VEGAN ICE CREAMS SHOULD I MAKE TO PUT INTO MY VEGAN WAFFLE CONES?
Once you have vegan waffle cones, you need vegan ice cream!
Here are some delicious recommendations straight from our kitchen:
- Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Classic Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vegan Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream
- Summer Favorite Vegan S’mores Ice Cream
- Summer Favorite Vanilla Blueberry Peach Ice Cream
- Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream
- Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream
PIN THIS VEGAN WAFFLE CONE RECIPE TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Homemade Vegan Waffle Cones or Bowls
- Place chia seeds and 6 tbsp of water into a small bowl. Stir together well. Let sit for 10 minutes until it becomes gelatinous.
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt. Stir together.
- Once ready, add the chia seed mixture and stir until almost no dry mixture remains.
- Add in the remaining 1 tablespoon of water, oil and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined.
- Heat your ice cream cone maker (see post for instructions if no ice cream cone maker).
- Once heated, add a little less than 1/4 cup mixture to the center and spread out slightly to ensure it’s in a complete circle.
- Close the machine and cook according to the instructions.
- Once done, quickly but carefully fold into a cone shape with the shaping tool provided. *These are very hot and we prefer to lay on a towel and shape that way so that there is less heat directly on our hands.
- Continue until no batter remains.
For Waffle Bowls
- If you want to make waffle bowls instead of cones, repeat the instructions until you get to the shaping. Place disc in a small bowl and then put a small bowl inside that to hold for 2 minutes until shape is set. See video for visual.
★★★★★ Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating below!
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!