This super easy vegan chorizo fried rice is the 30 minute vegan dinner that you’ve been craving. The perfect fusion between Mexican and Asian food, this will be your new favorite dinner.
Chorizo + Fried Rice may not be the first combo you think of, this this incredibly easy vegan chorizo fried rice will have you wondering why you never thought of putting this together before.
We are combining Mexican and Asian cuisine for a more than perfect dinner.
Whether you are looking for an easy meal to add to your menu plan or trying to do a pantry challenge and have no idea what to do with the vegan chorizo you bought, then look no further.
This is the dish that you will love.
Now, vegan chorizo is a spicier sausage; however, if you don’t want something so hot you could make the dish with another vegan savory sausage.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do you need to make vegan chorizo fried rice?
You only need 10 ingredient to make this easy and delicious vegan dinner idea.
Full amounts listed in the printable recipe card below.
The ingredients that you need are:
- olive oil (or use vegetable stock if oil free)
- red onion (can sub for sweet)
- bell peppers (any color – we use yellow in photos)
- fresh ginger (can sub for ground)
- cooked rice
- black beans
- soy sauce
Optional ingredients may Include cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds, or more soy sauce.
How do I make vegan chorizo fried rice?
Start by chopping your onions, garlic, and bell pepper.
Heat oil in a skillet.
Saute the onions and peppers until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 1 minute.
Then, add in cumin and fresh ginger.
Add in vegan chorizo by either slicing or crumbling it into the skillet.
Stir together and add in cooked rice. Stir really well together.
Add in black beans, corn and soy sauce and cooked until heated thoroughly.
Top with cilantro, sesame seeds, and/or extra soy sauce.
Can I prep this vegan chorizo fried rice ahead of time?
Yes! Once this is made you can store in the fridge for up to 5 days. This makes it perfect for meal prepping or just having leftovers for a few days.
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Friendly?
We have only seen vegan chorizo with either vital wheat gluten or soy. One of the other.
So depending on the allergies that you have you may or may not be able to make this dish.
However, you could also use something like chickpeas to cook with the other ingredients in this dish.
There is also soy sauce.
Whether you are allergic to soy or just avoiding it, there may be many reasons that you do not want to use soy sauce in this recipe.
WHAT ARE OTHER VEGAN DINNER IDEAS I SHOULD TRY?
If you love this easy dairy free dinner recipe, you may be wondering what other dairy free dinner ideas we have. Here are some ideas we have (all are vegan):
- Easy Vegan Cheesy Potato Burritos
- Chorizo Vegan Burritos
- Dairy Free Taco Casserole
- Dairy Free Pizza
- Vegan Italian Meatballs
- Dairy Free Alfredo
- Dairy Free Nachos
- Easy Dairy Free Spinach & Walnut Pesto
Pin this vegan chorizo fried rice recipe for later:
Vegan Chorizo Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (sub for vegetable stock if oil free)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, any color will work
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (or sub for ¼ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 6 oz vegan chorizo, sliced or crumbled
- 3 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- extra soy sauce
- Start by chopping onions, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Saute the onions and peppers until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in cumin and fresh ginger.
- Add in vegan chorizo by either slicing or crumbling it into the skillet.
- Stir together and add in cooked rice. Stir really well together.
- Add in black beans, corn and soy sauce and cooked until heated thoroughly.
- Top with cilantro, sesame seeds, and/or extra soy sauce.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!