These dairy free nachos are the perfect dish for snacking, dinner, game day and more! Completely vegan nachos recipe too! Plus, gluten free! It’s the best nachos recipe!
Nachos are one of the best meals ever. Whether you are looking for a lunch or dinner option, an appetizer to have at your next get together, or a late night snack, there are so many options for you. And it doesn’t have to end when you consider making dairy free nachos. One of the most popular reasons is that you can literally create them endless ways; plus, they are ready in no time! Winning!
If you don’t like black beans, then you don’t have to put black beans on your dairy free nachos recipe; however, if you are obsessed with jalapeños, you can literally put 12 on your dairy free nachos recipe. Just kidding, don’t do that, you will burn you mouth away.
Another reason that these vegan nachos are so great is because they can be customized to meet a variety of dietary restrictions. Most tortilla chips are already gluten free and if corn is an allergy concern there are so many options now for corn free tortilla chips options too. Plus, most of the ingredients you put on top of your tortilla chips are plant based and safe for most diets.
And the last reason why dairy free nachos are the perfect meal solution to any occasion is that you can totally make a vegan nachos bar out of this and everyone can happily customize their own meal, their own way. Perfection.
What ingredients do you need for dairy free nachos?
Truly, your possibilities are endless. There are so many ways to recreate and imagine these vegan nachos turning out that there’s no one way to do it. And what may be my favorite way, may not be yours. It’s kind of interesting to write a recipe post where there’s no cut and clear answer on how to make something; however, we don’t want to limit you in your creative nacho making genius.
What we have put on these particular dairy free nachos that you see in the photos are:
- Black Beans
- Spicy Garlic Corn (taken off cob)
- Green Onions
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pickled Jalapeños (feel free to use fresh is you feeling spicy)
- Dairy Free Cheese (Daiya brand in photo)
The chips that are in the photo are Trader Joe’s Black bean and Quinoa chips.
Other toppings that you can include:
- Mango Salsa
- Avocado Lime Sauce
- Pico de Gallo
- Homemade Guacamole
- Dairy free sour cream
- Chopped red onions
- Your favorite jarred red or green salsa
How do you make dairy free nachos recipe?
The best way to make vegan nachos recipe is to bake it in the oven. You have two ways to do this. If you are making a large portion the exact same way, meaning no toppings are different, then you can make these this homemade vegan nachos recipe on a baking sheet.
The best way to make dairy free nachos in the oven is to place the tortilla chips on the baking sheet and top with your cheese. Turn oven on to broil and let stay in there just until starting to melt. Carefully watch so it doesn’t burn under the broiler. Remove carefully, place your toppings on (with more cheese of course) and place back in oven for just 1-2 more minutes. If using avocado, save until down and top at the end.
If you are making these vegan nachos recipe in the oven for individual plates, place the tortilla chips on an oven save plate (like Fiestaware) and top with the cheese. Follow the directions above. Alternatively, you could use any type of microwavable plate and place them in the microwave to melt your dairy free cheese.
Dairy Free Nachos
- 2 cups Black Bean & Quinoa Tortilla Chips (or your favorite chips)
- ¼ cup dairy free cheese (Daiya brand used in photos)
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup Spicy Garlic Corn (cut off cob)
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup fresh salsa
- 2 tablespoon pickled Jalapeños (or substitute with fresh Jalapeños)
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ avocado, cubed
- Mango Salsa (recipe above)
- Avocado Lime Sauce (recipe above)
- Pico de Gallo (recipe above)
- Homemade Guacamole (recipe above)
- Dairy free sour cream
- Chopped red onions
- Chorizo or Meat Crumbles
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. *For a quicker option, place until broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the tortilla chips on a 9×13 baking sheet and top with the cheese.
- Place in oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove carefully, place toppings on, and place back in oven for just 1-2 more minutes. *Save avocado and cilantro for later.
- Remove from oven and serve.