This Vegan Mango Fried Rice is the perfect easy vegan dinner idea for a busy night! Quick, healthy, and ready in under 30 minutes!
No matter what type of lifestyle you have, we can all agree that easy, but healthy and flavorful dishes are always a win. This vegan mango fried rice recipe is all of those things.
Everyone is looking for quick and healthy meals. Meals that are colorful showing that they are loaded with fruits and/or vegetables. And ones that are made in under 30 minutes. And this dish has you covered.
This vegan fried rice recipe is completely dairy and egg free, but can also be Top 8 Free. This means that no matter who you are serving, or if your house has allergies or food preferences beyond just being dairy free, that this meal is perfect for many different dietary needs.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do I need to make Vegan Mango Fried Rice?
This recipe is loaded with a variety of whole foods and spices, which may make the recipe seem a bit longer but the recipe is still really easy to make.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Sesame oil
- Sweet onion
- Fresh ginger
- Garlic chili paste
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Hoisin sauce
- Fresh Mango
- Cooked rice
- Green onion
- Soy sauce
- Frozen peas
- Sesame seeds
Can I make this Top 8 Free Mango Fried Rice?
The only ingredients that are not Top 8 Free are the hoisin sauce and the soy sauce. While is adds a nice flavor, the hoisin sauce can be omitted entirely.
Depending on the allergies you have, you can replace the soy sauce with gluten-free tamari, coconut aminos or a Top 8 no soy sauce (click links to see each).
Can I make this Top 8 Free Mango Fried Rice?
Yes! This recipe can be made and cooled and left in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
What are other fun and easy vegan dinner ideas?
If you love this easy dairy free dinner recipe, you may be wondering what other dairy free dinner ideas we have. Here are some ideas we have (all are vegan):
- Vegan Instant Pot Tex Mex Rice
- Vegan Taco Casserole
- Vegan Italian Meatballs
- Tex Mex Vegan Tater Tot Casserole
- Vegan Alfredo
- Easy Dairy Free Spinach & Walnut Pesto
- Vegan Walnut Meat Cheese Fries
Pin this vegan mango fried rice for later:
Vegan Mango Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and small diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic chili paste (up to 1 teaspoon if you like spicy)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce (see post for allergy notes to gluten or soy)
- 3 cups cooked rice (best if day old rice or chilled for a few hours before)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups fresh mango, small diced
- ½ cup green onions + more for garnish
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas
- sesame seeds, optional garnish
- *Note: This dish moves fast, it’s best to have everything prepped before starting to cook.
- Start by chopping up the onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, green onions, and mango.
- Add sesame oil to a large wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add in your onions and carrots and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until onions are softened, but not turning brown.
- Next, add in the ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 more minute. </p>
- Add in your red chili paste, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Stir to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the rice and chickpeas. Combine.
- Gently stir in the mango, green onions, and peas. Cook until heated through. About 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with extra green onions and some sesame seeds if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!
So easy and SO DELICIOUS! This came out 100x better than I was expecting (and I was expecting it to be good hahaha)
My whole family loved it for our mid week vegan dinner with a salad.
Was tasty and pretty easy to make!
So happy to hear you liked it, we appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave a review!
May want to change your step 2 to reflect Mango and not pineapple. I got confused when I was about to make this. I’ll have to try with pineapple in the future.
Thanks for the heads up about the step. So glad you enjoyed it
This is amazingly delicious!! Thank you.
So happy to hear that you liked it. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.