This Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice is the perfect dairy free dinner for a busy night! Quick, healthy, and ready in under 30 minutes!
If recipes had a middle name, it should always be quick and healthy. No matter if you are a parent feeding one of multiple kids, a college student, or a single person at any stage of life, there’s one thing that is constant when it comes to cooking. Everyone is looking for quick and healthy meals. Meals that are colorful showing that they are loaded with fruits and/or vegetables. And ones that are made in under 30 minutes. This vegan pineapple fried rice is all of those things.
This vegan fried rice recipe is completely dairy and egg free, but can also be Top 8 Free. This means that no matter who you are serving, or if your house has allergies or food preferences beyond just being dairy free, that this meal is perfect for many different dietary needs.
What ingredients do I need to make Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice?
This recipe is loaded with a variety of whole foods and spices, which may make the recipe seem a bit longer but the recipe is still really easy to make.
The ingredients that you need are:
- Sesame oil
- Sweet onion
- Fresh ginger
- Garlic chili paste
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Hoisin sauce
- Fresh Pineapple
- Cooked rice
- Green onion
- Soy sauce
- Frozen peas
- Sesame seeds
How do I make Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice?
The first step in making this vegan fried rice recipe is making sure you have everything prepped and ready to go. Stir-fry dishes like this move quickly, so it’s best to have everything out and ready to go. Start by chopping up the vegetables and pineapple.
Then, add the sesame oil to a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add in your onions and carrots and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until onions are softened, but not turning brown. Next, add in the ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 more minute.
Add in your red chili paste, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Stir to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add in the rice and chickpeas. Combine. Gently stir in the pineapple, green onions, and peas. Cook until heated through. About 5 more minutes. Remove from heat. Top with extra green onions and some sesame seeds if desired. Store any leftovers in an air tight container.
Can I make this Top 8 Free Pineapple Fried Rice?
The only ingredients that are not Top 8 Free are the hoisin sauce and the soy sauce. While is adds a nice flavor, the hoisin sauce can be omitted entirely.
Pin this vegan pineapple fried rice for later:
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and small diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic chili paste (up to 1 teaspoon if you like spicy)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce (see post for allergy notes to gluten or soy)
- 3 cups cooked rice (best if day old rice or chilled for a few hours before)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups fresh pineapple, small diced
- ½ cup green onions + more for garnish
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas
- sesame seeds, optional garnish
- *Note: This dish moves fast, it’s best to have everything prepped before starting to cook.
- Start by chopping up the onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, green onions, and pineapple.
- Add sesame oil to a large wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add in your onions and carrots and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until onions are softened, but not turning brown.
- Next, add in the ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 more minute. </p>
- Add in your red chili paste, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Stir to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the rice and chickpeas. Combine.
- Gently stir in the pineapple, green onions, and peas. Cook until heated through. About 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with extra green onions and some sesame seeds if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container.