This easy vegan chicken fajitas recipe is so flavorful and easy to make! Great for the grill too! Perfect for meal prep all week!
If you’ve ever ordered fajitas at a restaurant, then you know it’s such a fun experience to have the sizzling hot plate of amazingness is sat in front of you. These vegan chicken fajitas give you that same feeling at the fraction of the cost.
One thing I never understood about fajitas is why they were one of the most expensive things on the menu. Luckily, when you make it at home, it’s just as flavorful (if not more) and even cheaper. Literally, just a fraction of the cost.
We are using soy curls in this recipe to mock the texture and size of chicken pieces.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
VEGAN CHICKEN FAJITAS INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make these easy vegan fajitas:
- Soy curls – We are using soy curls in this recipe because of their meat like texture, but also because of their neutral flavor and ability to soak up any flavor
- peppers and onions– peppers and onions are the base of any fajitas recipes. We love the color of using a variety of bell pepper colors
- spices – we’ve created a delicious taco/fajita seasoning blend that really adds so much flavor to this recipe
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- soy curls – you can substitute for cauliflower, seitan, jackfruit, mushrooms, black beans, tofu, and more. Check out our sheet pan vegan cauliflower fajitas
- peppers – you can mix and match any color of bell pepper. If you only have one color then it’s fine to use all one color
- onions – sub the yellow onion for a sweet onion. We do not suggest red onions, but it could work if that’s all you have
- spices – you can sub out all the spices for approximately 3 tablespoons of a store bought taco seasoning. Keep in mind that store blends may be more or less spicy
Frequently Asked Questions about sheet pan vegan fajitas:
This recipe uses soy curls, which is obviously soy based making them not Top 9 allergy free. Swap the soy curls with something like cauliflower or mushrooms if desired. One other important thing to mention is that if you sub the spices for a store bought spice blend to double check the ingredients.
Yes! These can be make 5-7 days in advance and then just heated up. You can heat up in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or you can place in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until heated through.
Yes! This dish has a good balance of protein, fat and carbs. If sodium is a concern for you, we highly suggest making our homemade spice blend as listed below and reducing the salt called for as needed. Adding taco shells and other optional ingredients will change the nutritional facts so keep that in mind.
You can replace the oil with more vegetable stock if needed.
Absolutely! This recipe makes about 4 1-cup servings; so if you need more than that, we recommend that you double or triple the recipe. Just add the same amount of ingredients and follow the same process.
Can I make this on the grill?
Yes! This grill adds even more flavor to this dish! Just add the pieces to the grill at the same temperature as the oven and follow the steps for cooking!
How do you serve vegan fajitas?
You could literally just eat everything off the pan as is; however, they are great on soft or hard tortilla shells with additional toppings like vegan sour cream and tomatoes too. You could also serve with rice or a small salad.
We recommend our cilantro lime rice as a side dish!
What other easy vegan dinner ideas could I make?
If you love tacos as much as us, you’ll want even more inspo and we’ve got it! Here’s 5 more vegan taco recipes:
- Easy Cheesy Crispy Vegan Black Beans Tacos
- Vegan Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
- Grilled Vegan Jackfruit Tacos
- Tofu Taco Crumbles
- Vegan Cheesy Gordita Crunch (Taco Bell Copycat)
- Vegan Lentil Tacos with Spinach and Feta
Pin this vegan chicken fajitas recipe for later!
Vegan Chicken Fajitas
- 3 tsp seasoned salt
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4-1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- juice from 1 lime (3-4 tbsp)
- 1 bag soy curls
- 2 tbsp oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- cilantro and lime or lemon juice, for garnish
- Mix all the spices (from seasoned salt to red pepper flakes) in a small bowl.
- In a sauce pan, add the vegetable stock, lime juice and half the seasoning. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl, add the dehydrated soy curls and pour the boiling stock carefully over. Stir together. Let soak for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to make sure all are coated well.
- In a large skillet, add the oil over medium high. Add the peppers and onions and saute until char marks form 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the soy curls 3-4 minutes over medium high. Return pepper mixture back to pan, add the remaining seasoning and stir together well. Cook until all heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve in shells or lettuce wraps with favorite toppings.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!