This easy sheet pan vegan cauliflower fajitas recipe is so flavorful and easy to make! Great for the grill too!
There’s nothing like sitting in a restaurant, ordering fajitas, and watching and this sizzling hot plate of amazingness is sat in front of you. These sheet pan vegan cauliflower fajitas give you that same feeling at the fraction of the cost.
One thing I never understood about fajitas is why they were one of the most expensive things on the menu. Luckily, when you make it at home, it’s just as flavorful (if not more) and even cheaper. Literally, just a fraction of the cost.
We are making this recipe on a sheet pan for easy clean up too!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
SHEET PAN VEGAN CAULIFLOWER FAJITAS INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make these easy vegan fajitas:
- cauliflower – the star of our mean and the “main” part, you will love how cauliflower takes on the spices and creates some really delicious fajitas
- peppers and onions– peppers and onions are the base of any fajitas recipes. We love the color of using a variety of bell pepper colors
- spices – we’ve created a delicious taco/fajita seasoning blend that really adds so much flavor to this recipe
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- cauliflower – you can substitute for jackfruit, mushrooms, black beans, tofu, and more
- peppers – you can mix and match any color of bell pepper. If you only have one color then it’s fine to use all one color
- onions – sub the yellow onion for a sweet onion. We do not suggest red onions, but it could work if that’s all you have
- spices – you can sub out all the spices for approximately 3 tablespoons of a store bought taco seasoning. Keep in mind that store blends may be more or less spicy
Frequently Asked Questions about sheet pan vegan fajitas:
Cauliflower can be a tricky vegetable to cook, especially leaving some of the stems on. Boiling first gives the cauliflower a much better texture in the end.
This recipe as written is Top 9 allergy free. One important thing to mention is that if you sub the spices for a store bought spice blend to double check the ingredients.
Yes! These can be make 5-7 days in advance and then just heated up. You can heat up in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or you can place bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until heated through.
Yes! This is a completely plant based recipe. A 1 cup serving is under 150 calories and has a good balance of protein, fat and carbs. If sodium is a concern for you, we highly suggest making our homemade spice blend as listed below and reducing the salt called for as needed. Adding taco shells and other optional ingredients will change the nutritional facts so keep that in mind.
Yes you can omit the oil, but we would recommend adding a little drizzle of water or vegetable stock and covering the pan while cooking if you omit.
Absolutely! This recipe makes about 6 1-cup servings; so if you need more than that, we recommend that you double or triple the recipe. Just add the same amount of ingredients and follow the same process.
Can I make this on the grill?
yes! This grill adds even more flavor to this dish! You just add the sheet pan to the grill at the same temperature as the oven and follow the steps for cooking!
How do you serve vegan fajitas?
You could literally just eat everything off the pan as is; however, they are great on soft or hard tortilla shells with additional toppings like vegan sour cream and tomatoes too. You could also serve with rice or a small salad.
We recommend our cilantro lime rice as a side dish!
What other easy vegan dinner ideas could I make?
If you love tacos as much as us, you’ll want even more inspo and we’ve got it! Here’s 5 more vegan taco recipes:
- Easy Cheesy Crispy Vegan Black Beans Tacos
- Vegan Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
- Grilled Vegan Jackfruit Tacos
- Tofu Taco Crumbles
- Vegan Cheesy Gordita Crunch (Taco Bell Copycat)
- Vegan Lentil Tacos with Spinach and Feta
Pin this sheet pan vegan cauliflower fajitas for later!
Sheet Pan Vegan Cauliflower Fajitas
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- cilantro and lime or lemon juice, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Cut all vegetables.
- Boil cauliflower for 3-4 mins. Drain excess water well.
- Mix all the spices (from chili powder to red pepper flakes) in a small bowl.
- Place drained cauliflower and sliced peppers and onions on tray. Drizzle with olive oil and toss together. Evenly sprinkle spice over all ingredients, then toff to coat everything well.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until desired texture.
- Eat as is, over rice, in tortilla shells or lettuce wraps.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!