This super easy Chipotle copycat style vegan cilantro lime rice will be the perfect in your favorite burritos or a side dish to your tacos! Top 8 Allergen Free and just 8 ingredients.
This delicious and easy vegan cilantro lime rice is just like what you get at Chipotle.
So whether you are making your own burritos at home, or you want to make a side dish for your enchiladas or tacos, then this is a super easy and delicious one to create.
It needs minimal ingredients and just 15 minutes depending on the rice that you use.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do you need to make vegan cilantro lime rice?
You only need 8 ingredients to make this delicious and simple vegan side dish.
Full amounts listed in the printable recipe card below.
The ingredients that you need are:
- vegetable broth
- lemon juice
- bay leaves
What type of rice should I use to make cilantro lime rice?
We prefer brown or white basmati rice for this recipe; however, any rice, you just want to adjust the cooking time depending on your package directions.
You could even try this with other types of grains like quinoa.
How do you make vegan cilantro lime rice?
First, heat your pot over medium heat. Then add in your rinsed and drained rice and toast it for 2-3 minutes.
Next add the broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and cover.
Cook according to package instructions for length of time.
Once rice is done, let it sit, covered for 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
Then, add in the chopped cilantro, lime zest, and both lime and lemon juice.
Stir together and fluff with a fork.
Can I make this top 8 allergen free rice?
This recipe, as written, is already Top 8 Allergen Free. There are no changes that you need to make to it.
This recipe is also oil free.
Can I prep vegan cilantro lime rice ahead of time?
Yes! You can store this cilantro lime rice in an air tight container for up to a week in the fridge.
Also, once cooled, you could put in a freezer safe container and freeze up to a month.
What dishes go with vegan cilantro lime rice?
You may be wondering what to serve with the rice or how to use it.
Obviously you can just eat it out of the pot.
But if you’re looking for more ideas, then you could use it in:
- Use it instead of plain rice in our vegan taco casserole
- Use it in our vegan chorizo burrito bowls
- Perfect with cajun sweet potato and black bean bowls
- Or as a side for vegan jackfruit and black enchiladas or vegan sweet potato and black bean tacos
Pin this vegan cilantro lime rice for later:
Vegan Cilantro Lime Rice
- Heat pot over medium heat.
- Add in rinsed and drained rice and toast it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook according to package instructions for length of time.
- Once rice is done, let it sit, covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Add in chopped cilantro, lime zest, and both lime and lemon juices.
- Stir together and fluff with a fork.