If you’re looking to level up your takeout at home game, then you’ll love this Sheet Pan Vegan Chicken and Broccoli option made with tofu puffs! Ready in 30 minutes!
This Sheet Pan Vegan Chicken and Broccoli recipe is the perfect way to feel like you have takeout at home. But it’s easier, cheaper, and quicker!
I absolutely love recreating my favorite takeout dishes from before I was vegan and this was always one of my favorites.
I’m also using tofu puffs today for the first time on our website. It’s something new I’ve been exploring and I wanted to show you how I use it and hope that you love it!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Flavorful – By using the ingredients in their natural form, we’re able to give a huge boost of flavorful to start your day
- Easy– I love a quick and easy meal and this one is not only easy, but it’s a sheet pan meal which means you don’t have to stand at the stove either. It’s great for meal prep
- Versatile – You can easily switch up the sauces or the vegetables that are being used to create versatility in one recipe
Gather your ingredients!
- Tofu Puffs- tofu (soy) puffs are a fluffy, pre-fried tofu option that you can find at Asian markets and some grocery stores with a large Asian/international section.
- Broccoli – we are using broccoli since this is what comes in the traditional Chinese takeout option
- Sauce – we’re using a variety of ingredients like low-sodium soy sauce, vegan fish sauce, shoaxing wine, and more to create a dish that’s similar to the takeout version
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Tofu Puffs- you can also make this recipe with firm or extra firm tofu, seitan, or even just a variety of vegetables
- Broccoli – feel free to use cauliflower as a sub or even other vegetables like sugar snap peas, edamame, carrots, and peppers. Feel free to get creative, but be mindful of the cooking times
- Sauce – you can use a store bought sauce if that’s easier for you
Recipe FAQs for Sheet Pan Vegan tofu and broccoli:
The soy in this dish is the top allergen. Swap the tofu for something like mushrooms or just all vegetables. The soy sauce can be subbed with a no soy soy sauce.
Yes, this recipe is made as a meal prep recipe. Once everything has cooled, you can store it in air tighter containers in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Yes. You will want to ensure that you have enough space on your sheet pan so it’s not overcrowded. Otherwise, you can use two sheet pans.
We do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Other Vegetable Forward Recipes to Consider:
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!
Sheet Pan Vegan Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoon cornstarch (sub with arrowroot powder)
- 1 head broccoli, stems included, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper, more or less to taste
- 2 tbsps shoaxing wine (sub with red wine vinegar)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vegan fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper, optional
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, optional
- 1 package puffed tofu (sub with pressed extra firm tofu)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with oil. Whisk together cornstarch and stock. Set aside
- In a large bowl, add broccoli pieces. Drizzle oil, salt, and pepper over and toss to combine. Add to a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients from wine to ginger and whisk. Add in cornstarch mixture to this and whisk again.
- In large bowl, add the cooked broccoli, puffed tofu, add the sauce. Toss to combine. Put back on baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes or until broccoli pieces are fork tender and puffs are warm throughout.
- Top with sesame seeds or green onions if desired. Serve over rice, noodles, or quinoa.