This delicious Instant Pot Vegan Bean Soup is full of flavor and so easy to make. Can also be made on the stove or in a slow cooker. WFPB-NO recipe.
When it’s cold outside, soup is always the way to go. This Instant Pot Vegan Bean Soup comes together so quickly and it’s packed full of so much flavor that it will instantly become a family favorite.
Bean soup is a filling and comforting meal that will warm you up on the coldest of days.
We want everyone to enjoy this recipe and so even if you don’t have an instant pot, we are including instructions for how to make it on the stove or even in a slow cooker.
No matter how you prefer to make this, it’s a clear winner all around.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do I need to make Instant Pot vegan bean soup?
This recipe doesn’t take a lot of ingredients and some are completely optional depending on your preferences or allergens:
The full amounts and detailed instructions are listed in the printable recipe card below.
- Bag of Dried 15 bean Soup Mix (depending on brand may have 14 or 16)
- Sweet onion
- Vegan Worcestershire
- Vegan liquid smoke
- Vegetable Stock
- Bay Leaves
- Fire roasted tomatoes
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Dried sage
How do you make Instant Pot vegan bean soup?
This recipe is so easy to make, you’re going to love it.
First, chop the onions, garlic, carrots and celery.
Then, you are going to add 1/4 cup vegetable stock to your instant pot. Turn on the saute method.
Once hot, add in the onions, celery and carrots and cook about 3 minutes until soft. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the saute method.
Add all the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the vegetable stock. Stir together gently. Push down to have all your ingredients below the stock.
Put your instant pot lid onto the body and close the lid. Make sure that the pressure valve is sealed.
Then, press manual and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. When the time goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release via Quick Release. *If you are not sure about this, please read your manual.
*see recipe card below for additional details on cooking in the slow cooker or on the stove.
Can I prep this vegan bean soup ahead of time?
Once made, let cool completely. You can store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week or you can put into freezer bags and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You may want to add a splash of vegetable stock when reheating.
WHERE CAN YOU BUY VEGAN WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE?
We have started to finally find vegan Worcestershire in our local stores, but before that we found on Amazon or Thrive Market. We used the Annie’s brand for this particular recipe.null
Is this Vegan Bean Soup Top 8 Allergen Friendly?
The only ingredient here that has Top 8 allergens is the Worcestershire sauce. You could just omit that ingredient entirely.
You can use this gluten free vegan Worcestershire sauce if gluten is your only allergen.
We have not seen a soy and gluten free worcestershire sauce; however, you could make a gluten and soy free Worcestershire sauce and then sub the coconut aminos and coconut sugar for No soy sauce and brown sugar.
What other vegan soups should I try?
Soups are perfect warming, comfort foods. Warmth and filling meals is what we crave when it’s colder outside.
Naturally, we want more of those delicious recipes at out fingertips and we are happy to oblige those needs.
If you are looking for more vegan soup recipes you should try our:
- Easy Vegan Taco Soup
- Vegan Apple Chili
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chili
- Loaded or Not – Vegan Potato Soup
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup (Condensed and Soup versions)
- Vegan Lentil Soup
Instant Pot Vegan Bean Soup
- 6qt Instant Pot
- 1.5 quart low sodium vegetable stock , divided
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb uncooked 15 Bean Soup Mix (sub for other bean sub mixes that may have 14 or 16 beans)
- 2 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 14.5oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- Chop the onions, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Add 1/4 cup vegetable stock to instant pot. Turn on the saute method.
- Once hot, add onions, carrots and celery and cook about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the saute method.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the vegetable stock. Stir together gently. Push all the ingredients under the stock.
- Put instant pot lid onto the body and close the lid. Make sure that the pressure valve is sealed.
- Press manual and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- When the time goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release via Quick Release. *If you are not sure about this, please read your manual.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!