This easy and delicious vegan butternut squash soup is the perfect fall soup to enjoy on those chilly days! Top 8 Allergen Free.
If you have never had vegan butternut squash soup, then you are in for a real treat today.
Squash is like a ninja. It comes in looking like a normal vegetable, yet it has so much uses. You can roast it, put it in smoothies, and so many more options; however, one of our favorites is putting it into a blender to make a delicious soup.
This vegan butternut squash soup is so creamy and so filling. You will be wondering why you have never tried it before. Or if you have had it before, then you will wonder why we waited so long with our delicious variation.
Pair this easy vegan soup idea with your favorite sandwich or a salad on the side and you have an entire meal, easily.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do I need to make vegan butternut squash soup?
This recipe has 15 ingredients, but most of them are spices. This recipe is simple and easy to put together.
- butternut squash
- vegan butter
- sweet onion
- fresh thyme
- vegetable broth
- maple syrup
- black pepper
How do you make vegan butternut squash soup?
To start making this recipe, you are going to preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Carefully take a sharp knife and cut your butternut squash in half length wise. Use a spoon to remove any seeds and stringy pulp.
Rub 1/2 tbsp vegan butter over each half of the squash (the inside, not the skin). Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, face side down. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until a. fork easily pierces.
*Tip: If you are in a hurry, you can use a vegetable peeler, and remove the skin, then cube the squash. Toss with oil, sprinkle on salt and pepper and cook for 20-25 minutes.
While your squash is cooking, chop your onion, celery, carrot, apple and garlic.
In a skillet over medium heat, add vegan butter and let melt. Add In your onions, celery and carrot and let saute for 3-4 minutes. Then, add in your apple and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add the onion mixture and all the other ingredients to a high speed blender.
*Tip: If you don’t have a high speed blender you can use a stock pot and an immersion blender or a regular blender you just may need to do in batches.
Once squash is done, carefully remove the squash away from the skin and place it in the blender. Blend until smooth, about 5 minutes.
Serve with any additional toppings or sides.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge once cooler for any leftovers.
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Free Butternut Squash Soup?
The only allergen you need to be aware of in this recipe is the vegan butter. Most vegan butter brand contain soy; however, we actually prefer using the Earth Balance soy free butter. It comes in a red tub.
Other than that, this recipe is already Top 8 allergen free.
Can I prep this Butternut Squash Soup ahead of time?
Why yes, of course you can! Soups are so easy to prep ahead. This soup should be cooled before storing if making ahead.
If you plan to eat it soon after making, then you can place in air tight container(s) and leave in the fridge for up to 7 days.
If you do not plan to eat all of it soon or within 7 days, then you can freeze it for up to 6 months.
What other vegan fall recipes should I try to make?
Fall is all about comfort food. Warmth and filling meals is what we crave.
Naturally, we want more of those delicious recipes at out fingertips and we are happy to oblige those needs.
If you are looking for more vegan soup recipes you should try our:
- Vegan Apple Chili
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chili
- Loaded or Not – Vegan Potato Soup
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup (Condensed and Soup versions)
Pin this vegan butternut squash soup for later:
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash (about 3lbs)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 apple (we like sweet, crisp apple like Fuji)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste + more for cooking squash
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, more to taste + more for cooking squash
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 qt vegetable broth
- coconut cream or vegan sour cream (can sub for coconut yogurt or another allergy safe plain yogurt)
- pepita seeds
- fresh thyme or basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Carefully take a sharp knife and cut butternut squash in half length wise. Use a spoon to remove any seeds and stringy pulp.
- Rub 1/2 tbsp vegan butter over each half of the squash (the inside, not the skin). Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, face side down. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until a fork easily pierces.
- While squash is cooking, roughly chop your onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Peel and chop apple.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add vegan butter and let melt.
- Add in onions, celery and carrot and let saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in apple and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the onion mixture and all the other ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Once squash is done, carefully remove the squash away from the skin and place it in the blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with any additional toppings or sides.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge once cooler for any leftovers.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!