This super easy vegan lentil soup will be a hit all fall and winter long. Warming, filling, and budget friendly. Also, Top 8 Allergen Free.
The second the temperatures drop, we all are scrounging up our favorite soup recipes. This vegan lentil soup is about to be your newest favorite recipes.
It may come as a surprise to you how filling that lentil soup can be if you have never had lentils in food before.
These are tiny little legumes that are packed full of nutrients, but that also makes them super filling.
Whether you just got in from a long day at work or just came off the mountain from snowboarding, a delicious, warming bowl of vegan lentil soup is just what you need.
It’s so easy to make and ready in under an hour.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do I need to make vegan lentil soup?
This delicious vegan soup recipe needs just 15 ingredients! The ingredients that you need are:
- olive oil (use vegetable stock if oil free)
- sweet onion
- vegetable stock
- fire roasted tomatoes
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
- bay leaves
As you can see, there are no super weird ingredients or anything that is hard to find.
How do I make vegan lentil soup?
It is extremely easy to make this delicious vegan soup recipe. Almost too easy.
First, you are going to start by chopping your vegetables. This includes your onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
Add your oil to a large sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
Add in the onions, carrot, and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions have begun to turn translucent.
Next, Add in the garlic and cook for one additional minute.
Then, add in all remaining ingredients. Give it a stir to combine well.
Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until the lentils are cooked through (they will be soft). This takes about 35-40 minutes.
Disgard the bay leaves.
At this point you can serve as is or if you want a smoother soup, you can carefully add half into the blender and puree, then add back in and mix.
Serve. We love pairing it with delicious homemade vegan garlic bread.
Can I make this lentil soup Top 8 Allergen Free?
This recipe is already top 8 free as written. This means that there is no dairy, egg, soy, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, fish or shellfish.
Can I prep this vegan lentil soup ahead of time?
Yes! This soup can be made up to 7 days in advance if storing in the fridge. Just make sure to store in an airtight container.
Alternatively, this can be store In the freezer and left out to thaw and then serve.
WHAT OTHER VEGAN DINNERS SHOULD I TRY?
If you love this easy dairy free dinner recipe, you may be wondering what other dairy free dinner ideas we have. Here are some ideas we have (all are vegan):
These are the vegan soups/chilis we have:
- The Best Vegan Sweet Potato Chili
- Vegan Apple Chili
- Vegan Potato Soup
- 2 ways: Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
And then these are other vegan dinners we think you’d like:
- Vegan Tomato, Spinach & Sausage Quinoa Bowls
- Vegan Instant Pot Tex-Mex Rice
- Dairy Free Taco Casserole
- Dairy Free Pizza
- Vegan Italian Meatballs
- Dairy Free Alfredo
- Easy Dairy Free Spinach & Walnut Pesto
Pin this vegan lentil soup for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 lb lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 juice of a lemon
- Chop the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Add oil to a large sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add In the onions, carrot, and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions have begun to turn translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Give it a stir to combine well.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until the lentils are cooked through (they will be soft). This takes about 35-40 minutes.
- Disgard the bay leaves.
- At this point, serve as is or if smoother soup desired, carefully add half into the blender and puree, then add back in and mix.
- Serve. We love pairing it with delicious homemade vegan garlic bread.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!