This 30 minute vegan meal will rock your world! Make these easy Vegan Tomato, Spinach & Sausage Quinoa Bowls for the perfect dinner tonight!
If you haven’t tried any of our vegan dinner ideas, then this Vegan Tomato, Spinach and Sausage Quinoa Bowls is the recipe that you’ve been holding out hope for all this time.
Before going vegan, we used to make this delicious meal over quinoa that was so flavorful and filling. Our entire family loved it.
Fast forward and we’ve been vegan for awhile now; however, we completely forgot about this dish.
Then, I’m standing in a grocery store and I spot Vegan Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausages and I was completely taken back to these delicious quinoa bowls that I’d had in the past.
I tried it the first time and you almost couldn’t tell the difference. My entire family devoured the entire meal, myself included.
I knew then that I had to share this deliciousness with each of you!
What ingredients do I need to make Vegan Tomato, Spinach & Sausage Quinoa Bowls?
One of the best reasons that I love this dish is that it’s so easy to make and only needs 10 ingredients. Any dinner I can whip together with 10 or less ingredients is a huge win for me!
- Vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausage (or another package of your favorite brand)
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
How to I make these meatless Tomato, Spinach & Sausage Quinoa Bowls?
To start you are going to make your quinoa. To do this, add your uncooked quinoa to a saucepan and stir for 2 minutes to toast. Then, add in vegetable broth.
Bring that to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the broth has all been soaked up by the quinoa. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
While that is cooking, chop your onion and garlic. And slice your sausage.
Add your olive oil to a skillet (we like cast iron for this) over medium heat.
Once hot, add in your onions and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Then, add in your garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add in your sausage and Italian seasoning and stir around. Cook for 2 minutes without moving to brown one side of the sausage. Then stir together.
Let cook for another 2 minutes to brown the other side of the sausage slices and then stir together.
Add in your tomatoes (including juice) and stir again.
Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add in your spinach and let cook for an additional 5 minutes or until your spinach has completely wilted.
Add in optional red pepper flakes if desired.
Remove from heat and serve over quinoa.
Can I prep this dish ahead of time?
I would keep the quinoa and the sausage dish in separate containers. But it will last in air tight containers in the fridge for 5 days. Perfect for prepping for the week on a Sunday and having lunch or dinner prepped and ready all week long.
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Friendly?
This dish is free from the top allergens except for gluten. The vegan sausages that we use contain vital wheat gluten.
I have not seen a vegan sausage in stores that is gluten free, but you may be able to find one local to you.
You could also make gluten free vegan sausages yourself if desired and then that would make the dish entirely Top 8 Free. Note, the sausages linked above are not sage apple so the taste of the dish will be different.
What are other vegan dinner ideas I should try?
If you love this easy dairy free dinner recipe, you may be wondering what other dairy free dinner ideas we have. Here are some ideas we have (all are vegan):
- Vegan Instant Pot Tex-Mex Rice
- Dairy Free Taco Casserole
- Dairy Free Pizza
- Vegan Italian Meatballs
- Dairy Free Alfredo
- Dairy Free Nachos
- Easy Dairy Free Spinach & Walnut Pesto
Pin this Vegan Tomato Spinach and Sausage Quinoa Bowl:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Tomato, Spinach & Sausage Quinoa Bowls
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 package (12.95oz) Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Vegan Sausages (can swap with another vegan sausage but the flavor will be different)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15oz) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
- Add uncooked quinoa to a saucepan and stir for 2 minutes to toast.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the broth has all been soaked up by the quinoa. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
- While that is cooking, chop onions and mince garlic. And slice your sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add olive oil to a skillet (we like cast iron for this) over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in onions and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stirring to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in sliced sausage and Italian seasoning and stir around. Cook for 2 minutes without moving to brown one side of the sausage. Then stir together.
- Cook another 2 minutes to brown the other side of the sausage slices and then stir together.
- Add in your tomatoes (including juice) and stir again.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until spinach has completely wilted.
- Add in optional red pepper flakes if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve over quinoa.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!