This easy 20 minute vegan spinach and sun-dried tomato pasta will be a hit on a busy night with how fast it comes together! Add in a protein if desired to stretch it further!
We all love quick meals on busy nights and it doesn’t get much easier than this 20 minute vegan spinach and sun-dried tomato pasta.
Not only is it easy to make, but we all know that pastas are super comforting. They fill our hearts and bellies and make us feel at home.
Pasta dishes are also great if you are on a budget and easy to make allergen friendly.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I MAKE THIS VEGAN CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN PASTA TOP 8 ALLERGEN FREE?
The ingredients that we need to look at here are the pasta, coconut milk, and vegan parmesan.
To start, you want to use a gluten free pasta. There are so many choices available now, so just use the one that you like the best.
Then, we have coconut milk. While it makes the dish creamier, you can swap it with other dairy free milks. We’d suggest oat milk for this because it’s creamier. But you may want to let it reduce a little longer.
And then we have the vegan parmesan cheese. We are use Violife in this recipe, which does contain coconut oil, but no other allergens. If you have a coconut allergen, you can use Follow Your Heart parmesan.
We also have a vegan parmesan on our site that you can make with sunflower seeds; however, it doesn’t melt well which is why we recommend using one of the store bought brands.
HOW CAN I MAKE THIS OIL FREE?
You can just add more vegetable stock in the beginning. It will drastically change the taste and not be as rich, but if you are used to being oil free then you will likely not mind.
DOES IT MATTER WHAT TYPE OF PASTA THAT I USE?
We are using fettuccine in the photos and we’ve also made with linguine; however, you don’t only have to use either in this recipe.
It does do well with tubular shaped pasta, like penne, and even ones like rotini or shells that can pick up and hold onto all the sauce. Whatever you have on hand will work perfectly.
CAN I PREP THIS VEGAN PASTA AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! We’d recommend letting this cool completely and then storing in an air tight container for up to 5 days. If you meal prep you can split this up into individual containers.
You may want to or feel like you need a splash or two of dairy free milk when reheating.
CAN I ADD ANYTHING ELSE TO THE DISH BESIDES THE PASTA AND SAUCE?
Absolutely. Here’s some ideas:
- vegan chicken strips
- crispy chickpeas
- crispy tofu pieces
- sautéed mushrooms
For the mushrooms, broccoli and asparagus, you could add in once your noodles start to soften.
For the remaining, you can either cook those in the skillet first and then set aside and add back in at the end or cook in another skillet while making the pasta.
WHAT SIDES TO SERVE WITH THIS VEGAN CREAMY PASTA DISH?
There are endless possibilities but a side salad and some bread are great starting points.
Here’s some bread ideas:
Pin this easy vegan spinach and sun-dried tomato pasta for later!
Easy Vegan Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 8 oz linguine noodles (sub your favorite noodles or Gluten Free if needed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (as much of the thick fatty part on top as possible)
- 1'4 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup vegan parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain once complete.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil.
- Once heated, and shiny, add in garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add in coconut cream, paprika, salt, and chili powder. Stir together well. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Add vegan parmesan cheese and stir until melted. The sauce should begin to thicken.*Add more coconut cream is sauce is too thick or continue to simmer if too saucy until desired consistency.
- Add in the spinach and stir until it’s wilts down.
- Remove from heat and toss in cooked and drained pasta noodles.
- Top with fresh chopped basil as a garnish over the top.