Vegan Sweet Potato Stew is the perfect easy, fall vegan dinner idea. Ready in 30 minutes and completely Top 8 Allergen Free.
Fall is all about comfort foods and filling, delicious, savory meals. This vegan sweet potato stew hits all of those things.
This delicious vegan dinner idea comes together in just 30 minutes and will be a hit with everyone in your family.
Whether you are looking for a Meatless Monday dinner idea, a weekly fall staple meal, or another main dish for your holiday get together, this has you covered.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do you need for vegan sweet potato stew?
This recipe needs just 13 ingredients to make and more than 1/3 of them are spices, so It comes together so quick and easily, you will love It.
- sweet potatoes
- sweet onion
- Chilli Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Black pepper
- Cannelini Beans
- Fire roasted Tomatoes
- olive oil (can sub for coconut oil, vegan butter or veg stock if oil free)
How do you make vegan sweet potato stew?
To start this recipes, you are going to cut up your vegetables. Cube the sweet potatoes, dice the onions and mince the garlic.
Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat and then add your onions and sweet potatoes. Cook for two minutes before stirring, then stir around, and cook for another 2 minutes. Then stir again.
After that, stir together a few more times for another 3 minutes. Then, add in the garlic and the spices and mix so everything together. Let cook 1 minute.
Finally, add in the beans, tomatoes and tahini.
Let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with rice or quinoa, bread, baked potatoes or just by itself.
Can I make this Top 8 Allergen Free Sweet Potato Stew?
Good news! This recipe is already Top 8 Allergen Free. There’s no need to make any substitutions.
Can I prep vegan sweet potato stew ahead?
This dish, once fully made, will last in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Pin this Vegan Sweet Potato Stew for later:
Are you following us on social media? Be the first to see what we’re doing and finding, behind the scenes, and other get recipes are resources we’ve finding by following along.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PINTEREST TWITTER YOUTUBE
Vegan Sweet Potato Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil (can substitute for coconut oil, vegan butter, or veg stock if oil free)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 4 cups, cubed)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 15oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Start by cutting up your vegetables. Cube the sweet potatoes, dice the onions and mince the garlic.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sweet potatoes.
- Cook 2 minutes without stirring, then stir. Cook for another 2 minutes. Then stir again.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and spices and mix everything together. Let cook 1 minute.
- Add in beans, tomatoes and tahini.
- Let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice or quinoa, bread, baked potatoes or just by itself.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!