This delicious Instant Pot Vegan Taco Soup is full of flavor and so easy to make. Can also be made on the stove or in a slow cooker.
When it’s cold outside, soup is the way to go. This Instant Pot Vegan Taco Soup comes together so quickly and it’s packed full of so much flavor that it will instantly become a family favorite.
It’s completely customizable too. That means that if you don’t want to use vegan meat crumbles, you could omit or even replace it with another can of beans.
It means if you want to make it spicier or less spicier, that’s completely too.
And it also means that if you don’t have an instant pot, we are including instructions for how to make it on the stove or even in a slow cooker.
No matter how you prefer to make this, it’s a clear winner all around and a huge hit at parties too.
If you tailgate for sports games or take soup with you out on the snowboarding trails, it would be perfect packed in a thermos too.
The options are unlimited here and all we know, is that it’s going to be a hit with your family and friends.
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What ingredients do I need to make Instant Pot vegan taco soup?
This recipe doesn’t take a lot of ingredients and some are completely optional depending on your preferences or allergens:
The full amounts and detailed instructions are listed in the printable recipe card below.
- Vegetable Stock
- Beefless Ground Crumbles
- Red Onion
- Green Pepper (other color bell peppers work too)
- Taco Seasoning
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Tomatoes and Diced Chilis (canned)
- Kidney Beans
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Jalapeno, optional
Plus, any additional toppings that you may want. We’ve listed some below in the printable recipe card.
How do you make Instant Pot vegan taco soup?
This recipe is so easy to make, you’re going to love it.
First, chop the onions, garlic, and pepper.
Then, you are going to add 1/4 cup vegetable stock to your instant pot. Turn on the saute method.
Once hot, add in the onions and pepper and cook about 3 minutes until soft. Add in the garlic and vegan meatless crumbles (or mushrooms) and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the saute method.
Add all the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the quart of vegetable stock. Stir together gently.
Put your instant pot lid onto the body and close the lid. Make sure that the pressure valve is sealed.
Then, press manual and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. When the time goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release via Quick Release. *If you are not sure about this, please read your manual.
Serve with any optional toppings.
*see recipe card below for additional details on cooking in the slow cooker or on the stove.
Can I prep this vegan taco soup ahead of time?
Once made, let cool completely. You can store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week or you can put into freezer bags and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is this Vegan Taco Soup Top 8 Allergen Friendly?
The only ingredients that you need to be mindful of for allergens are the beefless crumbles and the taco seasoning.
Sometimes taco seasoning has added dairy or gluten, so ensure that the one you pick up is indeed vegan and gluten free. (We liked the one from Trader Joe’s)
Most beefless crumbles are made from gluten. So you should pick one that does not contain gluten, like Beyond crumbles that are made with pea protein. You also have the option to completely omit the beefless crumbles.
What other vegan soups should I try?
Soups are perfect warming, comfort foods. Warmth and filling meals is what we crave when it’s colder outside.
Naturally, we want more of those delicious recipes at out fingertips and we are happy to oblige those needs.
If you are looking for more vegan soup recipes you should try our:
- Vegan Apple Chili
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chili
- Loaded or Not – Vegan Potato Soup
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup (Condensed and Soup versions)
- Vegan Lentil Soup
Pin this Instant Pot Vegan Taco Soup for Later:
Instant Pot Vegan Taco Soup
- 6qt Instant Pot
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable stock , divided
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (other colors bell pepper work)
- 1 jalapeno, OPTIONAL, deseeded, diced (only if you want spicy)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz beefless ground crumbles (can sub for 8oz sliced mushrooms)
- 1 package taco seasoning *only add half if you don't want spicy
- 2 14.5oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilis (Rotel)
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can corn, drained and rinsed
Optional Topping Ideas
- Tortilla Chips
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Vegan Cheese
- Avocado slices or cubes
- Green Onions
- Pickled or Fresh Jalapeños
- Chop the onions, garlic, and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup vegetable stock to instant pot. Turn on the saute method.
- Once hot, add onions and pepper and cook about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and vegan meatless crumbles (or mushrooms) and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the saute method.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the quart of vegetable stock. Stir together gently.
- Put instant pot lid onto the body and close the lid. Make sure that the pressure valve is sealed.
- Press manual and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the time goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then release via Quick Release. *If you are not sure about this, please read your manual.
- Serve with any optional toppings.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!
This post was originally published on 1/10/2020 and updated on 4/2/2020.