This easy breakfast vegan sweet potato bowl is a fun grain free twist on traditional oatmeal that’s versatile in topping ideas.
Move over oatmeal, this easy breakfast Vegan Sweet Potato Bowl is perfect for using up leftover baked sweet potatoes and is perfect for a switch up from your normal breakfast routine.
Sometimes, whether for a normal dinner or a holiday meal, there’s leftover baked sweet potatoes that often go to waste because people aren’t sure what to do.
Most of the time, thinking about using them for breakfast wouldn’t be a thought that crossed your mind.
However, it’s one really delicious way to enjoy something similar to oatmeal or a smoothie bowl but warm and comforting.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
What ingredients do I need to make this Easy Breakfast Vegan Sweet Potato Bowl?
- sweet potatoes
- dairy free milk
- brown sugar (can sub for maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- fruit – chopped apples or pears, blueberries or strawberries
- chopped nuts
- flaxseed or chia seeds
- nut butter or vegan yogurt
Can I make this Easy Breakfast Vegan Sweet Potato Bowl Top 8 Allergen Free?
As long as you use a safe dairy free milk for your allergens, the base of this sweet potato bowl is Top 8 Allergen Free.
As far as the toppings, make sure to omit nuts if allergic and use safe yogurts and nut butters if adding.
Keeping toppings to fresh fruit and chia seeds would make it top 8 allergen free.
How long are Easy Breakfast Vegan Sweet Potato Bowl good for?
We would recommend making the bowl ahead but not adding the toppings until it is warmed back up and ready to eat.
You could make the mixture up to 2 days in advance. Warm before serving.
What other vegan breakfast ideas could I make?
Here’s a few other vegan (dairy + egg free) breakfast ideas that are great to try out:
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Chickpea and Tahini Vegan Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Banana and Blueberry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Pin this breakfast vegan sweet potato bowl for later:
Easy Breakfast Vegan Sweet Potato Bowl
- Fresh fruit – blueberries, strawberries, chopped apples or pears
- chopped nuts (walnuts, almond, or pecans)
- flaxseed or chia seeds
- nut butters or vegan yogurt
- Wash potatoes throughly. Pierce holes in the all over with a fork.
- Bake Potatoes according to one of the below options.1. Place on a trivet in an instant pot with 1 cup of water and cook on manual pressure for 14 minutes, then natural release for 20.2. Place in an air fryer or oven at 425 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until a fork easily pierces through.
- Let cool. Then, Slice cooked potatoes in halve length wise and remove cooked sweet potato carefully.
- To a blender, add all ingredients except the optional toppings and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Add mixture to a bowl and add any desired toppings.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!