These crispy cheesy and herb vegan potato stacks are a delicious and flavorful side dish that it great year round! Each layer of flavor will have wanting more!
These Crispy Cheesy and Herb Vegan Potato Stacks are a delicious side dish year round, but they truly shine if you are hosting something for the holidays. I mean who doesn’t want a stack of potatoes on their plate?
The carbatarians will rejoice at the site of stacks of potatoes. And by stacking them, you have more room on your plate for more.
All jokes aside, these delicious vegan potato stacks are layered with flavor and you will truly enjoy them. They are made easily with just 7 ingredients needed. Potatoes are layered between vegan cheese and an herb mixture that will excite your taste buds!
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
Crispy Cheesy and Herb Vegan Potato Stacks INGREDIENTS:
Below are notes about the ingredients before we get into the full recipe located lower in this post on how to make these vegan potato stacks:
- potatoes – Russet potatoes are what we used for this recipe. These will give you the best results for this recipe
- vegan butter – we want the oil to make these crispy, but the richness that vegan butter gives is amazing as well
- herbs and spices – we’re combining fresh herbs with garlic, and some salt and pepper for a fresh and flavorful herb mixture that is simple, yet delicious
- vegan cheese – both vegan cheddar and parmesan are used in this recipe. The flavor combination is great for something like these potatoes
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS:
- potatoes – try switching it up with sweet potatoes, or maybe even layered other vegetables with the vegan butter and herb mixture and roasting them. Not necessarily stacked, but the mixture would be great on any roasted vegetables!
- vegan butter – while we love the richness you get from vegan butter, you can use other oils as well
- herbs and spices – dried herbs could also be used, but we don’t find the same freshness when making this way. Also feel free to switch up what you are using, like rosemary
- vegan cheese – nutritional yeast can make for a nice substitute for parmesan, but also trying switching up the vegan cheese for different flavors like mozzarella or even a vegan gouda
Frequently Asked Questions:
The vegan butter and vegan cheese are the only ingredients that you need to look at here. For the vegan butter just choose a soy free option like Earth Balance soy free or Flora.
For the vegan cheese, it’s usually easy to find it free of everything except coconut. Reference our vegan cheese taste test to see allergens in each.
These potatoes are best right away. However, you can serve them for 2-3 days later. You will want to store them in an air tight container and then reheat in the oven or air fryer.
You can reheat in a microwave, but they will not have a crisp on the edges anymore.
We highly recommend using russet for this recipe.
Yukon Gold or Idaho could also work.
While not able to stack, baby potatoes would also be great for this recipe if you want something a little different.
What other vegan potato recipes could I make?
If you love potatoes, you’ll love these other vegan potatoes recipes as well:
- One Pot 30 Minute Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- Cheesy Vegan Potato and Onion Puff Pastries (photoed above)
- Vegan Lemon Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
- Chickpea and Tahini Vegan Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Banana and Blueberry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Tex Mex Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Pin these Crispy Cheesy and Herb Vegan Potato Stacks for later!
Crispy Cheesy and Herb Vegan Potato Stacks
- Preheat the oven 400° F. Lightly spray a standard muffin tin with oil. Use a mandolin, knife or potato slicer to cut each potato to ⅛" thin. *Note: We left the potato skins on. You may remove if you wish.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, chopped oregano and thyme, minced garlic, vegan shredded cheddar and parmesan. Stir together well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in thinly sliced potatoes and toss well to coat, making sure that each side is coated in mixture.
- Add slices to each muffin tin evenly until they reach the rim (about 8-10 slices per tin). Cover tin with foil and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 20-25 minutes. The potatoes should be golden brown and soft.
- Serve immediately to stay crispy.
Did you make and love this recipe?
Click the 5 stars in the recipe card above or below in the comment section! This is a great way to support us so we can continue to bring great recipes!