These cake-like vegan maple donuts are perfectly spiced and come with a maple glaze that is simply amazing. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Donuts are one of the surprising things that people miss when they go vegan and they don’t even realize how easy it is to make their own. These vegan maple donuts are so easy to make and an absolute hit!
Whether you are serving breakfast or brunch or want something different and special for a dessert, then these vegan maple donuts will hit the spot, especially during the fall.
They are soft and almost melt in your mouth they are so delicious. They are completely:
- vegan/plant based
- dairy free
- egg free
- can be Top 8 Free
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Can I make these vegan donuts Top 8 Allergen friendly?
There is flour, dairy free milk, and dairy free butter in this recipe. If you are completely Top 8 Free, use an alternative dairy free milk like oat or hemp for this recipe. Otherwise, just use one that works for your family.
For the dairy free butter, you want one that is also soy free. We prefer Earth Balance soy free in the red tub!
While we have not tried gluten free flour with this recipe, we would recommend using King Arthur Measure for Measure flour. We have had the best results with this flour.
How long are Vegan Maple Donuts good for?
Not that they will actually last as long as this, but these vegan glazed doughnuts will last for up to a week when stored in an air tight container.
They can be stored at room temperature and do not need to be refrigerated.
What other vegan breakfast recipes should I try?
Once you try these delicious vegan donuts, you may be looking for other amazing vegan breakfast ideas that you should try. We are sharing both sweet and savory dairy free breakfast ideas.
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Vegan Sausage Biscuits and Gravy
- Super Soft Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Perfect Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuits
- Dairy Free French Toast
- Dairy Free Banana Bread
All the recipes above are vegan, dairy free, and egg free. Some can be made Top 8 Allergy Friendly.
Pin these Vegan Maple Donuts for later!
Vegan Maple Donuts
For the Vegan Donuts
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy free milk (we used almond milk, see post for allergy notes)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
For the Vegan Donuts
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and milk in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes. This makes vegan buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two donut pans. We used these donut pans .
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Once buttermilk is ready, add in the wet ingredients in with dry and mix well.
- Pour batter into greased pans, a little over half full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Make glaze while you wait.
For the Glaze
- Whisk together your melted butter, maple syrup and salt.
- Add in a little powdered sugar at a time, whisking after each addition until a smooth glaze forms.
- Remove donuts from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes. Dip donuts into the glaze.
- Serve immediately or let cool completely and store in an air tight container.
Let’s see your creations!
Share to Instagram and tag us @makeitdairyfree so we can see and share it!