This vegan copycat chipotle sofritas burrito bowl is the best take out at home dish ever! It will taste like a high end version of your favorite burrito bowl!
If you are vegan then you have likely ordered a version of our vegan copycat Chipotle sofritas burrito bowl.
And if you are a fan of Chipotle and you haven’t, then OMG you are missing out.
Let me quickly explain! If you ever go to Chipotle, always order the bowl. Never the burrito or tacos. Let’s explain why (quickly). There’s only so much that can be added to a burrito or a taco before the shell won’t fit. However, with a bowl a lot more can be added. Plus, you can ask for hard or soft shells on the side and most places give them to you for free; otherwise some charge like $1. Either way, you are really making out and it’s a win-win.
When we figured out this vegan Chipotle hack, we never looked back.
But now, our new hack is creating our favorite vegan copycat Chipotle sofritas burrito bowl right at home.
We know exactly what’s in each part with no weird or funky ingredients and it’s so much more cost efficient! Plus, no extra charge for the guac! Double scoop please!
Never miss another recipe! Get our recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up for our weekly newsletter today! Our Top 15 posts automatically sent to you! Plus, enjoy behind the scenes, giveaways, and other exclusive content!
Sign up for our newsletter HERE!!
What part of the Chipotle Sofritas Bowl are you doing to be showing copycat recipes for?
The full recipe is below, but we will be covering:
- Copycat Chipotle Sofritas
- Easy Cilantro Lime Rice
- Instant Pot Vegan Black Beans
- Copycat Chipotle Guacamole
- Copycat Chipotle Roasted Corn Salsa
Basically we have an assembly line of recipes just like if you were at Chipotle. This makes for a great “bar” style meal serving if you are feeding a crowd or picky eaters!
Whether you want to make all of these is entirely up to you! Make one, two, or all for the perfect copycat chipotle sofritas bowls for you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this a Top 8 Allergen Free copycat Chipotle sofritas?
Sofritas is soy based – made from tofu. However, you could use Pumfu instead in order to make this dish Top 8 allergen free. Besides the soy, there are no other known Top 8 allergens in the ingredients that we included.
Is there something that I could use to replace the tofu?
Whether for allergies or personal preference, we understand that not everyone does tofu (soy) products. While your easiest option would be to swap with a pumpkin or chickpea based tofu, there are still other options. Beyond that you are going to get into a lot of texture differences.
Things like chickpeas, mushrooms, seitan, and lentils would all be things that you could swap with.
Is this copycat Chipotle sofritas oil free?
We do recommend using olive oil for the recipe; however, you could use some more vegetable stock or even water.
Please note that making this swap, will alter the taste of your dish.
How long does this vegan copycat Chipotle sofritas burrito bowls last?
We recommend storing each part of what you make separately as it helps it stand up longer. Most of the foods will last 3-5 days but if you make the guacamole then realize that it may have some browning. You can simply stir this together to avoid that.
Alternatively, you can freeze copycat Chipotle sofritas, black beans, and corn salsa if need. If the ingredients are warm, let them cool first. To freeze, store in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Pin this vegan copycat Chipotle sofritas for later!
Please note that there are individual recipe cards for each part of the bowl. Pick and choose which parts you want and then assemble the recipe as desired.
Watch how we make these vegan burrito bowls!
Instant Pot Vegan Black Beans
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil (can sub with olive or vegetable stock if oil free)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry black beans, picked over and beans removed
- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable stock
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Add olive oil (or vegetable stock) to the Instant Pot and hit the saute method. Allow it to heat up and add onions. Saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in the garlic and seasoning and saute for 1 more minute. Turn off the saute method.
- Add in the dried beans and vegetable stock. Stir together and press the beans under the liquid.
- Put instant pot lid onto the body and close the lid. Make sure that the pressure valve is sealed.
- Press manual and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- When the time goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then Quick Release. *If you are not sure about this, please read your manual.
- Stir everything together.
Vegan Cilantro Lime Rice
- Heat pot over medium heat.
- Add in rinsed and drained rice and toast it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook according to package instructions for length of time.
- Once rice is done, let it sit, covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Add in chopped cilantro, lime zest, and both lime and lemon juices.
- Stir together and fluff with a fork.
Copycat Chipotle Sofritas
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tbsp chipotle adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- Press out the tofu to remove excess water for 30 minutes or overnight. Pat dry. Breaks into pieces, set aside.
- In a stand mixer or blender, combine all ingredients from the adobo peppers until the garlic cloves. Blend until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add in the onion and tofu chunks. Spread it into an even layer and let sit, without, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes. Stir and repeat this a few times (cooking for a total of about 8-10 minutes). You want to get the tofu nice and browned but watch that it’s not burning at all. Turn down the heat if it’s starting to burn.
- Add in the sofritas sauce that you made and stir to combine. Continue to cook for about 2 more minutes so that it’s heated through.
Copycat Chipotle Roasted Corn Salsa
- 1/2 poblano pepper, roasted
- 2 cups frozen white corn, thawed (Can roast corn on the cob and cut it off if preferred)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Start by roasting your pepper. If you are unsure how to roast a pepper, follow the instructions here.
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl. Combine well.
- Cover and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Eat within 3 days.
Copycat Chipotle Guacamole
- Cut open the avocado. Discard the seed and scoop out the avocado flesh.
- In a large bowl, add your avocados and mashed well with the back of a fork or a potato masher.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Serve right away or allow to sit together to marry the flavors.
- Store in fridge for 2-4 days in an air tight container, stirring before use.
Share a photo of our recipe you made! Tag us @makeitdairyfree and use #MakeItDairyFree on Social so we can feature you!