These vegan waffles are absolutely perfect! Super soft and fluffy and pairs perfectly for your next brunch! Oil free. Can be Top 8 Allergy Free.
Never miss another post! Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get them all delivered easily! Plus, 15 easy recipes delivered immediately!
Sign Up For My Newsletter Today!
There’s this great debate about which is better. Pancakes or waffles. We have some killer pancake recipes on the site; however, sometimes I just need a soft, fluffy waffles. These vegan waffles are just perfection.
I love how waffles hold syrup for me and I get joy from opening up the waffle maker and everything being done to perfection.
Okay, maybe I’m a bit weird, but I do love a good waffle and this vegan waffle recipe is beyond good.
Plus, it’s super simple, has minimal ingredients and is perfect for a range of diets since it is already oil free and can be Top 8 Allergen Free, including Gluten Free!
What ingredients do I need to make vegan waffles?
You actually only need 5 ingredients to make this delicious vegan waffle recipe; however, there’s 2 optional ingredients that we like, but aren’t necessary.
The ingredients that you need are:
- baking powder
- vegan buttermilk (apple cider vinegar + dairy free milk)
- vegan sugar
- unsweetened applesauce
- salt, optional
- vanilla, optional
How do you make a vegan waffle recipe?
To start you are going to combine your apple cider vinegar with your dairy free milk in order to make vegan buttermilk. Set that aside for 10 minutes.
While you want, whisk together your flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt if adding. Once your buttermilk is ready, add that along with your applesauce and vanilla if adding.
Fold everything together just until combined, making sure not to overwork it.
Pour the amount needed according to your waffle maker’s instructions into your heated waffle maker. Cook according to instructions.
Repeat with remaining batter.
Can I make these vegan waffles Top 8 Allergen Friendly?
You can! This recipe is really easy!
A few things need to happen.
For milk, you can use any safe milk, but if you want it completely Top 8 free go with an oat milk or flax milk.
And the flour. You can sub for gluten free flour. We have tried and found that King Arthur Measure for Measure works the best. Give it a try.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes! Just add the same amount of ingredients into the bowl and proceed with instructions.
Can I prep this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! These will last in an air tight container in the fridge for 7 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What are topping ideas for vegan waffles?
There are endless possibilities! Some ideas are:
- Fresh fruit -blueberries, strawberries, and bananas for example
- toast or caramelized walnuts
- cinnamon butter
- powdered sugar
- peanut butter and chocolate sauce
- almond butter and chocolate sauce
Leave a comment and let us know what you favorite is!
What are other vegan breakfast ideas I should try?
Once you fall in love with these pancakes as much as we have, you may be looking for even more delicious, vegan breakfast ideas. Look no further. Some other great ideas you may want to consider are:
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Glazed Vegan Donuts
- Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Delicious Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan French Toast
- Vegan Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuits
Pin these vegan waffles for later:
- Add apple cider vinegar to a ¾ cup measuring cup. Fill remaining ¾ cup with dairy free milk to make vegan buttermilk. Set that aside for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt if adding.
- Once buttermilk is ready, add that along with applesauce and vanilla if adding.
- Fold everything together just until combined, making sure not to overwork it.
- Pour the amount needed according to waffle maker's instructions into heated waffle iron. Cook according to instructions.
- Repeat with remaining batter.